Wings – Adult Education
Wings – Adult Education
What makes you strong?
At Meredith, we know strength has little to do with age – and everything to do with determination. And while it’s never too late to achieve your goals, even the strongest woman can use a little help to reach her full potential.
That’s why we created Wings, an adult education program for women. You’ll build on your knowledge, experience, and strengths as you choose from more than 80 majors, minors, and academic programs. And as a Wings student, you’ll receive the direction and challenges you need to help you soar. So whether you’re seeking your first college degree or pursuing your next career, Wings at Meredith will make you even stronger.
The Meredith College Wings program provides a powerful education for adult women.
For women who want to transfer college credits and complete their degree at Meredith.
Wings Director Support
Meredith is dedicated to the success of every student. The Wings director supports our students in many ways:
- Provides support and coaching for Wings students
- Provides academic advising for Wings first-year students
- Helps students connect with staff and resources across campus
- Facilitates connections with other Wings students and provides networking opportunities with alumnae through annual events such as Connections and Conversations Dinner and Spring Picnic
- Provides guidance in scholarship search and application
- Facilitates the “New Wings Students Brunch and Learn Series” each semester to help new students quickly acclimate to Meredith and connect with other new Wings students
- Advises the Wings student-led organization, “WINGS” (Women In New Goals Setting)
- Serves as councilor for Meredith’s Pi Theta Chapter of Alpha Sigma Lambda, a national honor society devoted to the advancement of scholarship and recognition of nontraditional students.
Tom Manning, Director of Wings | (919) 760-8073
Wings - Adult Education Videos
Ask a Meredith Student: Adult EducationAnnie Poslusny, ’19, shares her experience in the Wings program. Whether you’re nervous about keeping up academically or wondering how you’ll fit studies into your already busy life, Annie’s story will speak to your desire to earn your degree as an adult student.
Wings student Vaune Blalock, ’20, came to Meredith with over 30 years of dance experience and a host of accolades, to which she has added a Bachelor of Arts with a major in dance from Meredith College.
- Accounting – Business Administration Major
- Art Education Major
- Art – Graphic Design Major
- Art – Studio Major
- Biology Major
- Business Administration Major
- Chemistry Major
- Child Development Major
- Communication Major
- Computer Science Major
- Criminology Major
- Dance Major
- Economics Major
- Education Major
- Engineering Major*
- English Major
- Environmental Sustainability Major
- Exercise & Sports Science Major
- Family & Consumer Sciences Major
- Fashion Merchandising & Design Major
- Food & Nutrition Major
- History Major
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Major
- Interior Design Major
- International Studies Major
- Mathematics Major
- Music Major
- Music Education Major
- Political Science Major
- Psychology Major
- Public Health Major
- Religious & Ethical Studies Major
- Self-Designed Major
- Social Work Major
- Sociology Major
- Spanish Major
- Theatre Major