As a dance student at Meredith, you can continue your training as a major, minor, or co-curricular student. You’ll have opportunities to perform and choreograph as early as your freshman year, travel to conferences, and study with guest artists. Learn to shape your life in dance based on your unique strengths and talents.
Meredith prepares students for successful careers in dance. Options include
- dance education in public schools, private studios, and community settings
- arts administration and entrepreneurship
- not-for-profit board leadership
- work environments that value critical thinking, creativity, leadership, and adaptability
- graduate study in dance
- graduate study in many fields including administration, education, health, psychology, and somatics
Find out how Carol Finley helps Meredith students prepare for successful careers in dance.
Wings student Vaune Blalock, ’20, came to Meredith with over 30 years of dance experience and a host of accolades, to which she has added a Bachelor of Arts with a major in dance from Meredith College.
Professional Performance Certificate
- no audition for the major or minor
- Fall and Spring auditions for Meredith Dance Theatre
- Fall auditions Meredith Jazz and Tap Company
- Fall auditions for the Professional Performance Certificate
- Spring auditions for Freshman Travel Awards on Experience Meredith day