INTERIOR DESIGN MAJOR
at Meredith College
As an interior design major at Meredith, you’ll build a strong foundation of skills and knowledge through internships, mentorships, and study abroad opportunities – through the only CIDA-accredited program in the Triangle area.
Our Bachelor’s in Interior Design
Why Study Interior Design at Meredith?
- Meredith is the only school in the Triangle area to hold the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA).
- A required senior year mentorship program allows students to work closely with design professionals from a variety of backgrounds.
- Meredith’s prime location offers interior design majors exceptional internship and career opportunities. Recent internships include
- Teal Interior Design, Raleigh, N.C.
- Magnum’s Gallery of Floors, Cary, N.C.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum – Exhibition Office, Washington, D.C.
- Recent graduates are engaged in a range of professional and academic pursuits, including
- Interior Designer, Kitchen & Bath Gallery, Raleigh, NC
- Space Management Specialist, Dept. of Defense, Belvoir, VA
- M.S. in Interior Design, Pratt Institute
- Interior design majors at Meredith have the option to study abroad at places such as
- A summer program at the Danish Institute for Study Abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark
- Design courses at Meredith’s location in Sansepolcro, Italy
- Faculty-led trips to Chicago and New York City
- The program offers multiple scholarships and resources to ensure every student has the chance to expand upon their strengths and find success.
- Interior design students have access to two interior design studios and one CAD studio, a resource room, and a plotter room.
- Examples of student success in Meredith’s interior design major include
- Erykah Harris, ’21, learned to take every opportunity offered to her. Thanks to her real-world experience in college as an interior designer, she now works as an associate architectural designer for Lovesac.
Meredith’s modern interior design facilities ensure students receive a comprehensive curriculum with hands-on learning experiences.
Careers in Interior Design
The field of interior design is great for individuals who are highly creative with strong attention to detail and who enjoy collaborating with others.
- Potential jobs for graduates with an interior design focus: project coordinator, interior design assistant, interior designer, design consultant
- In North Carolina, interior designers make an average of $50,773 per year.
- Read more about where Meredith graduates are working.
When interior design major Helina Biru, ’18, arrived on the Meredith College campus in 2014 from Ethiopia, she couldn’t anticipate just how much she would achieve in four years.
After moving to Wilmington, spending three years at a community college, and testing many different avenues, Abbey Fogt, ’18, realized she was pursuing the wrong career path.
Interior design major and Wings student Laura Lavigne, ’17, was determined to succeed and kept pushing toward the finish line.
Video about Meredith’s Interior Design Program
Making the Most of Experiential Opportunities - Erykah Harris
At Meredith, interior design major Erykah Harris, ‘21, learned to take advantage of the experiential opportunities that came her way. After she graduated, her internship turned into a full-time job.
Interior Design News
Alumnae, current students, and friends attended the Interior Design Affinity event hosted by the Alumnae Association, on October 23, 2022. The tour in Durham, N.C., featured the work of Alicia Hylton-Daniel, ‘08, owner of Hylton Daniel design+construction.
Tiffany Parsons, Senior Interior Design Major & WINGS student, has been selected to serve as a student representative on the DEI Working Group for High Point Market.
Madison Potter, Senior Interior Design Major & Honors student, has been selected as the Meredith College “Rising Star” in Interior Design.
230 Martin Hall
Human Environmental Sciences Department »
School of Education Health & Human Sciences »