A student who is applying to Meredith College who has taken college-level coursework at another college should have official transcripts sent to the Office of Admissions upon application to the college. Students should have transcripts sent if they are:
- Applying as a transfer student from a two-year or four-year school
- Applying as a first-time freshman who took courses while in high school through a dual-enrollment program
- Applying as a second-degree student
- Applying through the Wings-Adult Education program
- View the list of transferable courses from the North Carolina Community College system.
A currently enrolled student who wishes to complete coursework at another four-year or two-year institution (including a study abroad institution) should discuss the course(s) with her academic advisor and complete an Application for Off-Campus Credit. This form must be submitted with appropriate approvals to the Office of the Registrar for final approval prior to taking the course(s), and an official transcript should be sent to the Office of the Registrar once the course is completed. Please note that courses taken prior to approval may not be approved for transfer to Meredith College.
View the list of transferable courses from the North Carolina Community College system.
Transfer Credit Policies
- All courses must be completed at a regionally accredited institution.
- Students must: Complete a minimum of 31 credits at Meredith College, complete 24 of their last 30 hours at Meredith College, and complete at least 50% of major/minor coursework at Meredith College; a maximum of 64 credits from a two-year or Community College may be transferred.
- A grade of C or better is required to transfer credit to Meredith. Pass/Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory grades are not transferable.
- Grades do not transfer from other institutions; only the credit hours transfer. Courses taken at other institutions will not affect your GPA or replace grades previously taken at Meredith.
- Students on academic probation may be advised to take summer course work at Meredith rather than at another college or university because transfer courses will not improve their Meredith standing.