The Office of Career Planning works to protect the quality of opportunities available through Handshake however, we cannot guarantee the legitimacy of all postings or employers. Additionally, you may be using search engines such as indeed.com, simplyhired.com or other open job posting aggregators. Pay attention to your instincts and you can always contact Career Planning for advice.
If you feel uncomfortable about a job opportunity that you find, do not provide any personal information. Be wary if a job or employer:
- Offers you a job with little or no interaction with you.
- Offers a large amount of money for a little work or payment before work has been completed.
- Requests personal information such as your Social Security Number, bank account or credit card information, copies of passport, license or other personal documents.
- Requests you to make any type of wire transfer from one account to another.
- Employer uses a personal email address instead of a company email address.
- Post includes multiple spelling and grammatical errors.
Should you find any of these issues within Handshake, please contact Career Planning immediately at 919-760-8341 or email@example.com.
The Office of Career Planning cannot control the quality, safety or legality of employment opportunities. Neither can we guarantee the accuracy of postings or the ability of employers to provide job offers or candidates to fulfill those roles. Above all, use common sense and caution on Handshake and any other sites you may find.
We would be glad to arrange an appointment with you. You can book an appointment via Handshake or call/email us and the staff will help you arrange a convenient time.