Your business card is an extension of you; it exists to help you stand out and be memorable.
What to Include:
- First & last name
- Contact info: phone & email address (make sure it’s professional!)
- Your professional online presence: LinkedIn & your website or portfolio (You can also include Twitter if you keep it professional.)
- Meredith College, your major & year of graduation
Ideas to Make your Card Stand Out:
*Keep your audience & industry in mind
Use color. Think about your personal brand and what kind of image you want to project.
Include images. If you have a logo, include that on the card. If you are a photographer, designer, artist, or event producer, consider including photos of your work. Some vendors will allow you to create many different styles of card in one package, so you can include several highlights from your portfolio.
Want to keep it simple? Put catchy or inspiring quotes on the back of your card, and people will remember what you have to say.
Get creative! We’ve seen business cards that are different shapes, sizes, and materials. Of course, you can never go wrong with classic.
- Meredith Print & Copy Center
- Vistaprint.com (usually will offer Free business cards)
- Kinkos, Staples, Office Max and other office supply stores
- Moo.com (great for designers/artists)
See more business card examples on the OCP Pinterest Page!