Connecting Pedagogy, Practice, and Perspectives Lecture Series
Since 2012, the Department of Education has hosted this annual event for graduate and undergraduate students, alumni, and invited guests. The series brings noted speakers to campus for the purpose of facilitating discussion around a current topic in education. Previous lectures include:
- 2012 – Kim Bearden, Connecting Climate, Culture and Creativity for Student Success
- 2013 – Lynne Cook, Co-Teaching for Student Success
- 2014 – R. Lynn Canady, It’s a Good Score: Just a Bad Grade!
- 2015 – Eddie Davis, Angela Scioli & William M. Ferriter, A New Vision: Teacher Leadership and Advocacy
- 2017 – Dr. Sherick Hughes, Tackling Implicit Racial Bias: Using Autoethnography, Oral History, and Digital Storytelling as De-Biasing Strategies
- 2017 – Showing of the documentary Teacher of the Year with Angie Scioli, Rob Phillips, and Jay Korreck
- 2018 – Wetonah Rice Parker Symposium, Equity in Gifted Education, Keynote Speaker: Nancy Hertzog, University of Washington
Graduate Research Conference
This annual spring conference showcases teacher action research and gives our students an opportunity to present their work to their colleagues, faculty, and friends. The benefits of this exchange of ideas and understandings about teaching and learning benefits both presenters and attendees.
Find Meredith Education Faculty at these conferences:
- NCRA – North Carolina Reading Association
- NCAEE – North Carolina Association of Elementary Educators
- CEC – Council for Exceptional Children
- NCCEC – North Carolina Council for Exceptional Children
- SETESOL – South Eastern Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
- NCAGT – North Carolina Association for the Gifted and Talented
- AERA – American Educational Research Association
- AESA- American Educational Studies Association
- ISETL – International Society for Exploring Teaching and Learning
- NCAAHPERD – North Carolina Alliance for Athletics, Health, Physical Education, Recreation, Dance, and Sport Management
- NCACTE – North Carolina Association of Colleges and Teacher Educators
- AACTE – American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
If you would like to make personal contact with Meredith faculty, please contact the Graduate Program Manager at (919) 760-8316 prior to the conference.
After graduating with her MAT, Larissa Bryant, ’13, was well prepared to become a teacher and to have a positive impact on her students’ future.