Veterans and active duty service members may be eligible for various educational benefits to help finance their education at Meredith College. We are here to assist veterans and their dependents with any questions you may have. To begin the process of using your benefits at Meredith College, we ask you to complete the form below to notify us of your potential benefit. You will then need to complete Steps 2 and 3 of the Veteran Affairs and Financial Aid Processes.
Veterans Affairs Certifying Official Contact: Lori Taylor; firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-760-8593.
College Scorecard: The U.S. Department of Education’s College Scorecard has the most reliable data on college costs and graduation.
College Navigator: The National Center for Education Statistics offers an online tool for students to compare the cost of colleges.
Paying for College: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau helps you make informed financial decisions about how to pay for college.
Step 1: VA Interest Form
Thank you for your interest in Meredith College! Our Veteran’s Affairs team, is excited for the potential to work with you and your family through the Veterans Affairs process. By completing this form, you are notifying the Veteran Affairs team of your potential VA benefit. Please complete steps 2 and 3 of the Veterans Affairs process. If you have any questions regarding the certifying VA process, please email Lori Taylor at email@example.com .
Meredith College is approved by the Department of Veteran Affairs to certify students enrolled in our degree programs for the following benefits:
Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30)
VA Vocational Rehabilition (Chapter 31)
The Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) including Yellow Ribbon Program
Survivors’ & Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (DEA)(Chapter 35)
Transfer of Post 9/11 Benefits Dependents
Marine GYSGT John David Frye Scholarship
Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)(Chapter 1606)
Step 2: Veteran Affairs Process
1. Apply for admission to Meredith College.
2. Verify eligibility and chapter benefits by visiting the VA website or you may contact them by phone at 1-888-GIBILL1 (1.888.442.4551).
3. Complete an application for VA Education Benefits:
First time using benefits (CH30 / CH33 / CH35 / CH1606):
Online: Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP)
Paper: VA Form 22-1990
Used benefits before:
Online: Veterans On-Line Application (VONAPP)
Paper: VA Form 22-1995
Provide a copy of VA Form DD-214 if applicable or NOBE.
Upon approval the VA will send you a letter notifying you of their decision. Please be aware that it may take the VA several weeks to process your claim. If you are approved to receive benefits, you will receive a certificate of eligibility letter from the VA.
4. Submit a copy of your certificate of eligibilityto the Veterans Certifying Official. Documents may be scanned an emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (919) 760-2878.
5. After all of the required documents are received, the VA Certifying Official will submit a 22-1999 enrollment certification to the VA to initiate payments. This is submitted electronically and you will receive an email confirmation.
Important to Note:
You must notify the VA Certifying Official’s office if you withdraw or add and/or drop classes.
The VA will be notified of failure to maintain standards of attendance, progress, or conduct: When a student has failed to maintain the prescribed standard of attendance, progress, or conduct, the school must promptly notify VA so that VA can discontinue benefit payments in accordance with the law. If a student’s progress or conduct becomes unsatisfactory, the termination date assigned by the school will be the last day of the term or other evaluation period in which the student’s progress or conduct became unsatisfactory. In situations involving unsatisfactory attendance, benefits will be discontinued based on the student’s last date of attendance as reported by the school.
Step 3: Financial Aid Process
1. Apply for aid by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Meredith’s school code is #002945
2. Complete any requested additional documentation if requested by the Meredith College Financial Assistance Office.
3. Return your award letter to the Financial Assistance Office. Before returning your award letter, take time to review your assistance and then accept or deny your aid. You will also be receive, a VA Shopping Sheet to assist you in this process.
4. Questions? If you have questions about your financial aid award letter, contact your financial aid counselor, Betty Harper at email@example.com
Helpful Resources On-Campus