International First-Year Applicants
All First-year applicants must submit:
- Completed application (including essay) and non-refundable $40 application fee
- Official secondary school transcripts
Academic credentials must be sent to Meredith College from a secondary school official.
An official English translation is required if your transcript is not in English
We cannot accept transcripts from students.
- School leaving exams and/or diplomas
- Completed School Report from a school official (included in the application)
- SAT or ACT scores (optional)
- Teacher Recommendation (included in the application)
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test scores if your language of instructions was not English. Test scores dates must be within 18 months of your anticipated enrollment date.
- Minimum TOEFL score: 79 (i-net test) or 8.5 on the Essentials Test
- Minimum IELTS score: 6
- Minimum Duolingo English Test: 105
Academic Merit-based Scholarships
International, direct-from-high-school first-year students are considered for all of Meredith’s undergraduate merit scholarships. Scholarship amounts range from $20K – $27K and do not require a separate application.
Meredith does not offer full-ride merit scholarships.
Honors and STEM Scholars Programs require an application and an interview selection process.
Need-based Financial Aid for International Students
Meredith offers a limited amount of need-based financial aid; international students should be prepared to self-fund a significant portion of their education. Following an offer of admission, a student may submit our Application for Institutional Aid to be considered for need-based aid.
Securing Your Visa
International students who wish to enroll at Meredith must submit:
- A copy of your passport
- A completed Certificate of Financial Responsibility (CFR)
Your admission counselor will email you the CFR after an offer of admission
- Original bank statement(s) or letters from a bank official issued within the last six months.
These documents are not required during the application process. They must be submitted after an offer of admission. Meredith uses these items to issue an I-20, which is necessary for you to register in SEVIS, request a visa interview, and secure your F-1 Visa.
International Transfer Students
Students attending post-secondary school in the U.S.
Review application requirements for transfer students on our Transfer Admission Website.
Transferring your SEVIS record and visa:
Following an offer of admission, international transfer students wishing to enroll at Meredith must submit a Certificate of Financial Responsibility (CFR) and then complete our SEVIS and Visa Transfer Form. The CFR will be emailed to you by your admission counselor.
Students attending post-secondary school outside the U.S.
Submit official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary schools or institutions. Certified English translations must be submitted for any transcripts not already in English.
A certified course-by-course evaluation is required for all post-secondary/university level coursework that has been completed outside of the United States at schools that do not hold U.S. regional accreditation. Acceptable evaluators include WES and IEE.
Academic merit-based scholarships for transfer students range from $8,500 – $13,000. Following an offer of admission, a transfer student may submit our Application for Institutional Aid to be considered for limited need-based aid. International students must be prepared to fund a significant portion of their education.