Are you interested in:
- Studio art, fashion, interior design, web, or motion design?
- Designing and organizing information?
- Letter forms (fonts), images, or photography?
- Creative problem-solving?
- Thinking outside the box to find a solution that no one else has found?
- Do you think visually?
- Do you sketch solutions to solve problems?
- Do you draw and sketch your notes?
- Do you organize things and colors?
- Do you spend your time gathering ideas on Pinterest or other social media?
Graphic design combines a background in traditional art concepts with computer design and typography skills, and is structured to enable you to gain the skills and knowledge necessary for practice in the graphic design discipline. Students of the graphic design program are exposed to evolving technologies and contemporary developments in graphic and web design. Internships are strongly encouraged as a vital component of the graphic design education process.
Types of jobs:
- Graphic designer
- Art director/creative director
- Professional/studio artist
- In-house graphic designers (all different kinds of companies, organizations, government)
- Museum exhibition designer
- Design studio owner
- Ad designer agencies
- Web designer
- Account executive
- Production manager
- Illustration or book design
- Multimedia artist
Attend graduate school for:
Options for the major:
- Double major or minor in any additional related area of interest, such as business, marketing or photography, or professional writing and presentation media
- Highlights of major experiences:
- Senior Exhibition in professional gallery setting
- Circue Design Studio at Meredith (working with real clients)
- Co-Curricular Enhancement/Internships
- Clean Design
- Anoroc Agency
- American Dance Festival
- Carolina Ballet
- Contemporary Art Museum
- Generate Design
- Brasco Design & Marketing
- Southern Season
- Signal Design
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Coldwell Banker
- Carolina Woman
- Carolina Ballet
- Full Frame Documentary Film Festival
- Frankie G. Weems Gallery
- North Carolina Museum of Art
Meredith's graphic design major »
AIGA Facebook page