Meredith College challenges students to discover what makes them strong, build on those strengths, and prepare to make a positive impact on the world. With more than 90 undergraduate academic programs, close to 30 graduate and certificate programs, and StrongPoints®, a powerful strengths-focused personal coaching initiative, it’s no wonder U.S. News, The Princeton Review, and Forbes.com have all named Meredith a “Best College.” Wherever you’re going in life, lead with your strengths – and go strong.
- Undergraduate majors, minors and concentrations: over 90
- Coeducational graduate and certificate programs: 27
- Undergraduate degrees: B.A., B.S., B.M., B.S.W.
- Graduate degrees: MAT, MBA, M.Ed., M.S. in Nutrition, M.A. in Psychology: I/O Concentration, M.A. in Criminal Justice
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs: Business, Criminal Justice, Digital Communication, Paralegal, Pre-Health, Dietetic Internship
- Student/faculty ratio: 11:1
- Average class size: 15
- Students come from 32 states and 31 countries
- Total enrollment: approximately 1,800
- Graduate enrollment: approximately 300
- Multicultural students: 29%
- Every student participates in StrongPoints®, a personal coaching and advising model found only at Meredith
- Student clubs and organizations: 100+
- Division III athletic teams: 10
- 51% of students participate in undergraduate research
- 32% of students participate in study abroad (compared to national average of 10%)
- 97% of students participate in an applied learning experience such as study abroad, undergraduate research, or internships
- In 2019, Meredith students achieved both record four-year graduation rates and the highest retention rate since 1999.
- Meredith’s four-year graduation rate is higher than the rates of nearly every N.C. public university.
- 95% of our graduates would choose Meredith again, and 98% would recommend Meredith to others
- 97% of our graduates were satisfied with their academic experience
- Graduates living in all 50 States and abroad: 22,000
- According to U.S. News, Meredith College has been consistently ranked both a top regional and national college
- U.S. News ranks Meredith #63 among National Liberal Arts Colleges for social mobility
- Ranked among the top 20% of colleges in the country by Forbes.com
- One of the “Best Colleges in the Southeast” according to The Princeton Review
- #2 Best Liberal Arts College in North Carolina according to Niche.com
- Top 10 or 15% “Most Focused” for Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Family, Consumer, and Human Science; Visual and Performing Arts; Mathematics and Statistics; Chemistry according to College Factual
- Top 15% “Highest Paid Graduates” in Business, Management, and Marketing according to College Factual
Academics and Special Programs
- The Undergraduate Research Program supports student/faculty partnerships in the pursuit of research and creative activity in all fields. College funds underwrite travel costs for students presenting their work at conferences.
- Study abroad options include a semester-long program in Sansepolcro, Italy, with additional opportunities worldwide including Costa Rica, Iceland, and France.
- Honors program offers special classes, individualized study and research, travel opportunities, and enrichment activities.
- Internships and Cooperative Education are available in all areas of study.
- Dual degree engineering program offered in partnership with NC State University.
Faculty and Staff
- Undergraduate student-faculty ratio is approximately 11:1.
- Average class size is 15.
- 89% of full-time professors have earned doctoral or other terminal degrees.
- Number of full-time and part-time faculty: 223
- Number of full-time and part-time staff: 333
- Impact Scholarships provide $20K guaranteed annual funding to academically qualified students
- $56.2 million in financial assistance is coordinated by Meredith annually
- over 95% of students receive scholarships or financial aid
- $34,991 is the average amount of financial aid awarded to first-year students
- Over 300 endowed scholarships are available to Meredith students
Campus and Facilities
- Meredith College is located in Raleigh, North Carolina’s capital city. More than 115,000 college students reside in the Research Triangle Park area, the country’s premiere research and development hub.
- Historic 225-acre campus is home to academic, administrative, and residential buildings that total 945,743 square feet. Facilities include a 1,200 seat amphitheater, seven residence halls and student apartments, student center, fitness center, and athletic field and track complex.
- Carlyle Campbell Library has more than 190,000 volumes, 16,000 microforms, and 3000 newspaper and journal subscriptions.
- Science and mathematics building includes unique classroom settings, specialized labs, and a telescope observatory deck.
- Meredith Avenging Angels compete in ten NCAA Division III sports: lacrosse, basketball, field hockey, golf, soccer, volleyball, tennis, softball, cross-country, and track & field.
- A member of the USA South Athletic Conference since 2007, Meredith has claimed claimed six tournament titles in lacrosse, two in volleyball, one in soccer and tennis; three cross country championships; five regular season championships in soccer, four in lacrosse, two in volleyball, and one in softball and tennis.
- Meredith sponsors frequent lectures, juried student exhibitions, an active concert schedule, and exhibitions featuring professional artists.
- Students participate in theatre and dance performance troupes and a variety of vocal and instrumental ensembles.
- Leadership programs include Sophie Lanneau Women’s Leadership Development Program and the LeaderShape® Institute.
Accreditation and Degrees
- Meredith College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097; telephone 404-679-4501) to award bachelor’s and master’s degrees.
- Meredith is also accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Council on Social Work Education, Council for Interior Design Accreditation, North Carolina State Department of Public Instruction, National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System., and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International.
Tuition and Financial Assistance
- Tuition and fees for full-time undergraduate students:
2020-2021 Full-Time Tuition: $39,952
Room & Board: $11,746.00