The Learning Center provides free, one-on-one tutoring to any Meredith student who needs assistance with foreign languages, mathematics, science, and writing for all subjects. All tutors in the Learning Center are Meredith students who have excelled in their coursework and have been trained to assist their peers.
Students may schedule an appointment or walk-in to receive tutoring. The Learning Center is located on the first floor of Carlyle Campbell Library.
La Tertulia, Meredith’s Spanish club, is composed of students interested in the languages and cultures of Spain and Latin America. Its purpose is to promote interest in the diversity of cultural and artistic representation of the Spanish-speaking world. It sponsors a variety of activities throughout the academic year, including dances, guest speakers and more.
Faculty Advisor: Débora Maldonado-DeOliveira
Phone: (919) 760-2870
Sigma Delta Pi
The National Collegiate Hispanic Honor Society, Sigma Delta Pi, honors those who attain excellence in the study of the Spanish language and the literature and culture of Spanish-speaking peoples.
The requirements for membership are:
- The completion of at least six credit hours in the 300-level of Spanish at Meredith or the equivalent
- Three credit hours earned by taking a 300-level literature course
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in Spanish studies
- A rank in the upper 35% of your class
- The completion of at least three semesters of your college career
Faculty Advisor: Astrid Billat
Phone: (919) 760-2296