The World Languages Travel Award is granted annually to one or more outstanding World Languages and Cultures majors or minors at Meredith College.The award helps to defray recipients’ travel expenses to and from a Meredith approved program of language study abroad.
- Be a declared World Languages and Cultures major or minor
- State her intention to use the award for the purpose of pursuing language study abroad
- Be currently enrolled in a 205 language course or above at Meredith College
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better
- World Languages Travel Award application form
- unofficial copy of your current transcript
one letter of recommendation from a World Languages and Cultures professor
- a brief essay (1-2 pages) in English that addresses the following: (1) your reasons for wanting to study abroad; (2) a personal challenge you have faced in your life and what you did / are doing to overcome it; (3) an assessment of yourself as a representative of the college/department; (4) a description of financial need, including information about other sources of assistance you have or will pursue; and (5) anything else you would like us to know about you.
All materials must be submitted by Friday, March 3, at 5:00 pm.
The selection committee is composed of three (3) professors from the Department of World Languages and Cultures who will review and vote on each application.
Notification of Award
Award recipients will be notified by email during the first week of April.