The Psychology Council is open to and welcomes all Meredith students with an interest in psychology. There are no prerequisites or requirements to join. The club sponsors a number of events throughout the year including Psychology Week and the Special Populations Dance and participates in the Psychology Department faculty meeting.
Psi Chi: The National Honor Society in Psychology
Psi Chi is the National Honor Society open to graduate and undergraduate students who major or minor in psychology and can meet challenging selection requirements. In addition to being recognized for your accomplishments by being selected for membership, Psi Chi members encourage and support the quality of the psychology program at Meredith through their sponsorship of a variety of special events and activities. To be invited to become a member of the Meredith Chapter of Psi Chi, a student must:
- Have completed at least 3 semesters of college courses
- Have completed at least 9 semester hours of psychology
- Be registered with psychology as major/minor
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 and a min. GPA of 3.0 in psychology courses
- Be in the top 35% of her class
Our psychology students acquire both research skills and practical skills in applied settings.