American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)
Meredith College has a student chapter of the American Society of Interior Designers (ASID), which promotes professional development in interior design. It is open to students who are earning majors or minors in interior design. Students may join ASID at a special rate and receive member benefits.
Kappa Omicron Nu
Kappa Omicron Nu is a national Honor Society for students seeking a major in the human environmental sciences or nutrition, health, and human performance. Majors at Meredith that are eligible for membership in the society are:
- Child Development
- Fashion Merchandising and Design
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Interior Design
- Exercise and Sports Science
- Food and Nutrition
Students are chosen from the sophomore, junior and senior classes for this honor. To be admitted as a member, a student must be in the upper 25 percent of declared majors, declared a major, completed 45 semester house and shown evidence of superior personal qualities and leadership potential. Students join Kappa Omicron Nu by invitation only.
Additional Professional Development Opportunities
Students are encouraged to participate in meetings for local professional organizations. Announcements for the organization’s upcoming meetings are posted and shared with Interior Design majors.
- American Society of Interior Designers Carolinas Chapter (ASID)
- International Interior Design Association Carolinas Chapter (IIDA)
- National Kitchen and Bath Association Carolina Chapter (NKBA)
- Alliance of Interior Designers (AID)
- NEWH North Carolina – The Hospitality Industry Network
- Triangle USGBC