Early College High School Students
Meredith College welcomes Early College High School and dual credit students. We offer a challenging yet supportive environment, a wide variety of academic choices, and generous financial aid opportunities.
Why Complete Your Degree at Meredith?
- You’ll be automatically considered for all of our first-year scholarships, including an Academic Merit Scholarship, awarded to all first-year students who meet Meredith’s admission requirements, which provides $20,000 – 27,000 annually.
- A number of majors can be completed in two years, and others in 2-3 years.
- You’ll receive individualized advising from your assigned faculty advisor, and additional advising support through Academic Advising.
- Our Student Success Center maintains a culture of care and support for all Meredith students through advising, success coaching, peer tutoring, and mentoring.
- Through StrongPoints®, you’ll identify your top strengths and learn how to apply them in your studies, extracurricular activities, career, and finances. And StrongPoints staff provide personalized strengths coaching, too.
- You’ll also receive peer support from Student Advisors who provide friendly advice as you transition to Meredith.
- Our Career Planning Center will help you identify a career path based on your strengths and the steps you need to take to get there.
- Choose from over 90 majors, minors, and academic programs that are enhanced with experiences like study abroad, undergraduate research, internships, and more.
- While at Meredith you can start building your professional network by connecting with alumnae through Meredith Mentors and the 1891 Club.
Why Early College and Dual Credit Students Choose Meredith
Early College High School and dual credit students thrive at Meredith. We offer a challenging yet supportive environment, a wide variety of majors, and generous scholarships and financial aid.
Ready to Apply?
We recognize your determination to earn college credits during high school. Students admitted to Meredith will receive credit for coursework completed with a grade of C or better at an accredited community college or four-year institution. Here are the steps for applying to Meredith and receiving credit for your efforts.
1. Apply to Meredith as a first-year student using this list of application requirements.
Early College and dual credit students apply to Meredith as first-year students. You’ll be eligible for all first-year scholarships. If you’ve earned an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or Associate of Fine Arts degree from a NC Community College you’ll enter Meredith with junior standing.
2. Provide your high school and your college transcript for evaluation.
This is critical to ensure that you receive credit for your work. College classes for which you have earned a C or better will transfer to Meredith. This is a standard part of your application process as a first-year student. Meredith has a credit Articulation Agreement with the North Carolina Community College system and a long history of providing college credit for ECHS and dual credit students across the US.
Over the past 6 years, 94% of early college or dual-enrolled students have stayed at Meredith to finish their degrees.
The graduation rate of the most recent class of early college or dual-enrolled students is 93%.
See what strong