Family and friends of Meredith College’s graduates are invited to celebrate commencement. Guests are welcome at all Commencement Weekend events.
Baccalaureate Worship Service
Baccalaureate is a celebration and spiritual reflection for graduates as they transition from their college years to the next phase of life. Members of the graduating class will participate in their academic regalia and should arrive no later than one hour before the event starts. A special invitation is extended to families and guests, faculty, and staff to join graduates for this service.
Graduate Hooding Ceremony
A joint ceremony celebrating graduates of all of Meredith’s master’s degree programs.Graduate students are still encouraged to attend Commencement.
Directions to Campus – Baccalaureate Service and Graduate Hooding Event Location
The Meredith campus is in west Raleigh. Easy access to the campus is provided by Wade Avenue — an Interstate 40 connector — and by US 1/I-440.
The directions below guide you to Exit 3, Hillsborough St./Meredith College, on I-440. Turn left off the exit onto Hillsborough Street. At the second traffic light on Hillsborough Street, turn left into the main entrance to campus. Jones Hall is located at the end of Main Campus Drive on the right.
- From Highway 70 West — Exit onto I-440 South (US 1 and 64 West); take I-440 to Exit #3.
- From Highway 70 East and I-40 East — From 70 East, take I-40 West. Follow I-40/ 440 West to Exit 293. East travelers, take I-40/440 West as well. At Exit 293, take I-440 North to Exit #3.
- From I-40 West — West of Raleigh, follow the Wade Avenue Exit (#289). At the I-440 junction, take I-440 South; stay in right hand lane and take thenext exit (#3).
- From US 1 South and 64 West — 64 West travelers take US 1 North. US 1 will become I-440 North. Follow it to Exit #3.
- From US 64 East — At the I-440 junction, take I-440 North. Follow it around the western part of the city to Exit #3.
- From US 1 North and 401 North — At the I-440 junction, take I-440 West to Exit #3.
- From US 401 South — Take I-440 South; follow I-440 to Exit 293, which becomes I-440 North. Take I-440 North to Exit #3.
- Doors to Reynolds Coliseum will open for families and guests of graduates at 7 p.m. Guest should enter through the Grand Lobby.
- Tickets are necessary for Meredith College’s 2020 Commencement Ceremony. Information about tickets will be provided to graduates via email from the Registrar.
- Graduation is a significant accomplishment and we encourage you to express your pride in your graduate. However, in order to allow every graduate’s name to be heard and as a courtesy to other guests, air horns and other noise makers are not allowed in the venue.
- Similarly, when each graduate crosses the stage, please refrain from prolonged applause that might prevent the next graduate’s name being heard.
Directions to Reynolds Coliseum – Commencement Location
Address: 2411 Dunn Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27607
From Meredith College, travel east on Hillsborough Street to Pullen Road. Turn right onto Pullen Road. Travel approximately a quarter mile and turn right onto Dunn Avenue. Reynolds Coliseum is located at 2411 Dunn Avenue. Parking is available in the deck located between Jensen Drive and Jeter Drive.
Alternate Viewing Options – Live Feeds
In an effort to make this special event accessible to all, two alternate viewing options will be offered for the commencement ceremony. A live feed of the ceremony will be available in Jones Auditorium on the Meredith College campus. Tickets are not needed for the alternate viewing location. Doors will open for the live feed in Jones Auditorium at 7 p.m.
Live streaming will also be available via the internet. To watch the live stream of the ceremony online, visit youtube.com/MeredithCollegeLive at 8 p.m. on Saturday, May 9, 2020.