Academic Transcript – Official
First Year applicants must submit an official high school transcript. Request your transcript from your school’s registrar or guidance counselor.
Transfer applicants must submit an official high school transcript, High School Equivalency Diploma, or Adult Diploma certificate with graduation/completion date. Official academic transcripts from each college, university, or other post-secondary institution attended are required. Request your transcript from your school’s registrar.
The personal investment you make to our common good is important. Applicants are encouraged to provide information about extra-curricular/community involvement that demonstrates how you are positively impacting your community. Relevant experiences include, but are not limited to, involvement with community organizations, employment, caring for your family, clubs, the arts, athletics, leadership opportunities, honors societies, volunteer work or community service.
Freshman, transfer, and adult applicants must submit a $40 non-refundable fee or acceptable fee waiver. Readmission applicants must submit a $40 non-refundable fee. Online payment can be made here. You may also pay by mailing a check or money order to the Office of Admissions, 3800 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27607-5298. Cash is also accepted.
Please note that application fees are non-refundable.
Character Statement Answered
Applicants must indicate “yes” or “no” to this two-part question. An explanation is required for any “yes” responses.
First Year, transfer, Wings degree completion, and Wings second degree applicants must provide a list of all courses in which they are currently enrolled or an explanation of how time has been spent if not currently enrolled
Credit Evaluation Complete
Completed by the Office of the Registrar and reflects transferable credits and general education requirements met after review of official college, university, or post-secondary institutional transcripts.
Early Decision Agreement
First Year Early Decision applicants for the fall term submit this form agreeing to the terms of the Early Decision plan.
A writing sample is an important component of your application. Your response provides deeper insight into who you are – your passions, your strengths and what you will bring to the Meredith community. Your essay helps us understand the experiences that have shaped you.
First Year applicants – Please submit your thoughtful response to the following two part prompt (maximum combined length should be no longer than 500 words):
- Describe the attributes of a Meredith education that make it a good fit for your future.
- Provide a personal example which demonstrates your commitment to planning, pursuing, and reaching your goals in the face of challenge.
Transfer and Wings applicants – Please submit a personal essay on a topic of your choice (at least 250 words):
- Transfer applicants may wish to address their reasons for leaving their current institution to attend Meredith.
- Wings applicants may address their desire to return to college in general and why Meredith is an appropriate place to achieve that goal.
Home School Recommendation
First Year home-school applicants must submit two letters of recommendation; one must be from a non-relative.
Interview with Admissions Officer
Applicants may be required to interview with an admissions officer.
Off-Campus Housing Form
- First Year applicants wishing to reside off-campus must submit the off-campus housing request.
- Transfer students under the age of 21 at time of enrollment must submit an off-campus housing request.
***Note: Form must be downloaded and saved to your computer before completing.
Off-Campus Housing Approved
All off-campus housing requests must be approved before an admission decision will be offered.
- First Year applicants must submit the off-campus housing request.
- Transfer students under the age of 21 at time of enrollment must submit the off-campus housing request.
The Admissions Office, on behalf of the applicant, will obtain approval.
Photocopy of Passport, Permanent Resident Card, Visa and/or I-9 Form
International applicants who are non-U.S. citizens will be required to submit a photocopy of one of these documents if accepted for admissions.
Readmission Clearance: Academic Advisor
Readmission applicants only. No action is required by the applicant. The Office of Admissions will seek feedback from the advisor regarding the student’s readmission.
Readmission Clearance: Accounting
Readmission applicants only. No action is required by the applicant. The Office of Admissions will seek feedback from the Accounting Office regarding a student’s readmission. Clearance is not granted until all previous balances have been paid.
Readmission Clearance: Dean of Students
Readmission applicants only. No action is required by the applicant. Office of Admissions will seek feedback from the Dean of Students regarding a student’s readmission.
Readmission Clearance: Registrar
Readmission applicants only. No action is required by the applicant. The Office of Admissions will seek feedback from the Registrar regarding a student’s readmission.
Professor Recommendation for transfer and Wings applicants.
Instructor Recommendation for first year applicants.
School Report – School Official Recommendation
- First Year applicants must submit the School Report – School Official Recommendation completed by a high school guidance counselor.
- Transfer applicants must submit the School Report – School Official Recommendation completed by the Dean of Students or Registrar at the current or most recent institution.