The School of Business at Meredith College exists to provide an academically-challenging learning environment, where students develop critical thinking skills in all areas of business, with emphasis on teamwork, communication, leadership and ethical decision making.
Excellent teaching is complemented by strong faculty-student relationships, by faculty scholarship that enhances our curriculum, and by service to the College and to the Central North Carolina community.
We aspire to be nationally recognized for exceptional business education, preparing undergraduate women and graduate students to inspire, create, and lead with integrity in the global economy.
In all our relationships, we demonstrate our steadfast commitment to the core values of:
- Integrity – We strive to be honest, ethical and professional in our dealings with others. We take personal responsibility for our actions.
- Excellence – We set high expectations for our community through academically-rigorous programs that
- promote critical thinking, intellectual growth and uncompromising standards.
- Leadership – We provide an environment where individuals develop the self-confidence, courage and conviction to inspire others toward common goals. In particular, we are dedicated to the leadership development of women in business and as global citizens.
- Respect – We value the skills, strengths, and perspectives of each member of our community and encourage the free exchange of ideas. We strive to treat everyone fairly and with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Achievement – We are dedicated to success by empowering every member of our community to achieve both personally and professionally and to grow intellectually through the pursuit of life-long learning.
Business Advisory Board
An engaged Business Advisory Board provides guidance, advice and assistance to the School of Business in areas including academics and placement of graduates.
Leaders of Distinction Speaker Series
The School of Business offers the Leaders of Distinction Speaker Series for our MBA students each fall and spring semester. The purpose of this event is to provide our graduate students with the opportunity to meet outstanding business leaders and to explore pertinent issues affecting business today.