This news roundup will be a regular feature in Campus Connections until the College resumes its typical face-to-face teaching and working schedule. Items are either of interest to faculty/staff or on topics about which students may ask questions.
- Funding Update for Students: Information has been shared with students regarding CARES Act and other funding. The financial assistance section of the meredith.edu/coronavirus site has been expanded to include several questions/answers on this topic.
- Residence Life Move-Out Instructions: Students received a message from their Residence Director or Apartment Manager on April 28 detailing the process for moving out of residence halls this semester. A sign-up process has been provided to help promote safe distancing guidelines. If faculty or staff members hear questions from students, please direct them to contact their Residence Director, the Oaks Apartment Manager, or Residence Life (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
- Graduation Updates: To keep the Meredith community informed about all the ways the College intends to honor the Class of 2020, a headline article was posted with answers to frequently asked questions about graduation this year. This information was also shared with degree candidates via email and on the coronavirus updates site. Read the article for more information.
- Vision Day in Celebration of the Class of 2020: One of the ways to celebrate the Class of 2020 is participation in Vision Day. This project was suggested by members of the class. Vision Day: a digital expression of Meredith’s pride in the Class of 2020 will take place via social media on May 9. Faculty and staff are invited to share their thoughts for the Class of 2020 on social media using #VisionDay2020. Visit meredith.edu/celebrate for more.
- Update on Adapting and Planning for Future: President Jo Allen provided a video update about how the College is adapting to changes related to COVID-19 and plans for the future. The video was shared via social media. View the update on Meredith’s YouTube channel
- Employee Resources Available on MyMeredith: A reminder that HR is compiling resources for employees during the pandemic on the HR MyMeredith page. This site also includes a listing of campus projects available on a voluntary, temporary basis for those who are not currently able to earn their typical work hours. Visit the HR site on MyMeredith for more information or to view project opportunities.
For more updates on Meredith’s response to COVID-19, visit the coronavirus information section of meredith.edu, which includes key points, regularly updated FAQs, an archive of community messages, and more. Visit the site at meredith.edu/coronavirus.