All applications for admission to the Master of Education and add-on licensure programs are considered ready for review after the materials listed below have been submitted to the Graduate Programs Office:
- Completed online; nonrefundable $60 application fee or waiver required. Online payment available upon submission of application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended*, in sealed envelopes or sent electronically from the institution directly to Meredith College.
- Two completed recommendation forms from professionals who can speak to your work ethic or academic ability within your area of work or study, available to submit electronically through the online application portal.
- Statement of Work Experience (resume or C.V.)
- Copy of teaching license
- Responses to essay questions
* If the original transcripts are not in English, a certified translation into English is required. All applicants will need a course-by-course evaluation of the applicant’s academic documents compiled by an independent academic credential evaluation provider will be requested for any post-secondary work or Commonwealth advanced level examinations taken outside the United States. Meredith recommends a member organization of The Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. (AIEC), National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), AACRAO International Education Services (IES), or World Education Services, Inc. (WES) for translation and evaluation services.
International and permanent resident applicants must also submit:
Non-native English speakers and/or applicants whose principal language of instruction has not been English must submit official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) reported directly from ETS.org; or official scores from International English Language Testing System (IELTS) reported directly from IELTS.org; or official scores from the Duolingo English test, reported directly from Duolingo.
Test score dates must be within 18 months of anticipated enrollment date, unless the student has been enrolled full-time in an accredited American college or university in the interim.
The required minimum total score on the exams are:
- TOEFL (i-net) = 79
- TOEFL (Essentials) test = 8.5
- IELTS test = 6.5
- Duolingo English test = 120
Meredith’s institution code for the TOEFL is 5410. For IELTS provide your test center with this exact information when requesting scores to be sent to Meredith. Account Name: Meredith College Graduate; Address: Graduate Admissions, 3800 Hillsborough Street, Raleigh, NC 27607. When sending Duolingo scores, Meredith will appear in a drop-down box as a recipient.
International students must also present copies of the following forms to the Graduate Studies Office:
- I-94 card, Arrival/Departure Record
- Alien Registration Number (permanent resident only)
- Financial statement showing resources for a one year period
- Proof of health insurance
Applicants holding F-1 visas must list the school or college they have permission to attend and submit a copy of their current I-20 form. The college will assist them in the preparation of a new I-20 form, if applicable. Admission of an international student who requires an F-1 visa is conditional until the proper visa is obtained. A student must be admitted to the graduate program to receive an I-20.
April 1 (summer)
July 1 (fall)
November 1 (spring)
Once a complete application has been received, the applicant may be contacted to schedule an interview.
Please mail all materials to:
Graduate Programs Office
3800 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27607-5298
Earning her M.Ed. with AIG specialization has led Satina Smith, ’06, ’11 (M.Ed.), to additional leadership opportunities and taken her teaching skills to the next level.