Emergency Situations in Which MC Alert Will Be Used
MC Alert, Meredith’s emergency notification system, will be used to communicate college closings or delays, and in the event of an on-campus emergency that poses an immediate risk to the health and safety of the campus community.
MCAlert is the most efficient way to make sure you have up-to-date information. If you have not registered to receive MCAlert messages, please sign up now to ensure you do not miss an announcement.
The MC Alert system will be used in cases including:
- Immediate weather emergency
- Shooting or other violent event
- Emergency that poses an immediate risk to the health and safety of the campus community.
- Inclement weather closings or delays.
For other incidents that do not require immediate action, other communication tools will be used. Examples of cases in which MC Alert will not be used include:
- Hurricane warnings
- Community concerns such as student illness or death