- When the alarm sounds, leave immediately.
- Alert others to the emergency, and ask if they will need help.
- Do not use elevators.
- Go to an emergency assembly point 500 feet from the building.
- Do not block roadways.
- Stay clear of hydrants.
- Remain at the emergency assembly point until further instructions are provided by Campus Police.
- If you are aware of individuals who are not able to evacuate independently, alert emergency personnel.
- If you are unable to evacuate the building, ask others near you to notify emergency personnel. Call Campus Police at 919-760-8888 or dial 911 to notify them of your location and need for evacuation. Wait for assistance.
- If you are on an upper level of the building and unable to evacuate, make your way to the safest stairwell and wait for emergency personnel. If the path is unsafe to get to the stairwell, report to a room with a window and signal for help. Call Campus Police at 919-760-8888 or dial 911 to notify them of your location and need for evacuation. Wait for assistance.
DO NOT return to an evacuated building until advised to do so by the fire department or Campus Police.
Building Evacuation Guidelines:
Buildings will be evacuated when an alarm sounds continuously and/or upon notification by emergency officials.
Be aware of people with disabilities in your area who might require assistance in an emergency evacuation. Be prepared to render assistance if necessary.