To apply for autism services, children must have an independent diagnosis (by a licensed psychologist) of autism spectrum disorder, live within a 25-mile radius of Meredith College, and be no older than 4.5 years at the time of enrollment. MAP does NOT provide part-time services to families, nor provide staff for families that are conducting their own home-based programs. The process of application to enrollment is listed below.
- Download the application, complete, and submit at this link.
- MAP will contact you to verify your child meets eligibility requirements, notify you of next available openings, and provide you with a resource kit.
- If you meet eligibility, you will be placed on the waiting list. MAP will contact you when the next application review period begins.
- Once the review process begins, families will be notified and asked to confirm their level of interest in autism services and submit additional documentation. Applications will be ranked based on the child’s age (youngest to oldest) and other clinical factors from documentation review. Families are then contacted in the order they fall on the list to schedule a tour, intake, and initial assessment. MAP requests that all legal guardians be present for the scheduled tour and intake as this is the beginning of making an informed decision regarding your interest in our services.
Scheduling and attending a tour does not guarantee enrollment for autism services. It is important to note that due to our intensive nature and short intervention period, we make priority for children younger than age four. If there is an extensive waiting list (more applicants than spaces available), not all families on the waiting list will be offered a tour.
- After the intake and initial assessment have been completed, MAP staff will review results to determine best fit. The family will be contacted and notified of whether they have been offered a slot for autism services. If offered a slot, the family will be given a time frame to accept and pay a deposit for the slot.
Now accepting applications for late spring 2024 enrollment.
The Meredith Autism Program (MAP) provides early intervention for autistic preschoolers using Applied Behavior Analysis.