Leading up to Meredith’s 131st birthday, alumnae were invited to share photos throughout the week highlighting their Meredith friendships, student experiences (it was actually good to see those burlap walls once again!), their Meredith spirit and pride, the friends and strong women they honored with their gifts to the College on Giving Day, and the four-legged friends that raise their paws for MC.
These photos and stories were shared on personal social media channels as well as within the Alumnae Facebook Group. The photos, stories shared, strong women you honored and remembered, and of course, those adorable pets are always a highlight of the week!
While we wish we could compile a photo gallery with every single image shared throughout the week, this gallery includes just a sampling of the friends, loved ones, spirit, traditions, pets, and that onyx ring that all make Meredith College so special.
View the Giving Day Photo Gallery
Meredith’s Birthday Celebration and Day of Giving By the Numbers
- Years Meredith has had a Day of Giving: 7
- 2015 Goal, our very first Day of Giving: $125,000
- 2022 Goal: $750,000
- 2022 Total Dollars Raised: $1,167,121
- States Represented: 45, and Washington, D.C.
- States missing: Hawaii, Utah, Idaho, Oklahoma, and Arkansas
- Countries Represented: 6
- Class Years Represented: 79
- Total Gifts: 2,660
- Most Odd Donors: Class of 2001
- Most Even Donors: Class of 1982
- Most Dollars Raised by Class: Class of 1976
- Pets that Raised their Paws for MC: 368
- Memory Lines by Erin Cleghorn, director of The Meredith Fund: she recited 7 lines from the Prologue of The Canterbury Tales
- Volunteers that support Day of Giving efforts as gift agents, ambassadors, or Board members: 185
- Challenge Match Gifts: 13, totaling $292,000
- Donors to those Challenge Match Gifts: 139
- Facebook Posts from YOU within the Alumnae Facebook Group: 286
- Cupcakes distributed at campus birthday celebration: 200
- Years that Meredith has been GOING STRONG: 131