Cornhuskin’, one of Meredith’s most popular traditions, is coming soon. Here are details that will help faculty/staff participate.
- Yam Jam Corn Service Project on Friday, Oct. 27. Staff and faculty are invited to work together with students to bag sweet potatoes to feed NC families. Register through this link here (link opens in a new tab) to participate.
- Theme Reveal 2023— A CORNAPALOOZA Kick-off Party on Monday, October 30 at 5 p.m. on the Johnson Hall Patio! Snacks, Corn trivia, games, crafts, prizes, and all four classes revealing their super-secret themes. Staff and faculty are encouraged to join in the fun of this kick-off event.
- On Main Event day, November 4, Corn Parade 2023 will kick the day off at 3:30 p.m. and be bigger and better than ever. In addition to the Classes of 2024, 2025, 2026, & 2027 and official student organizations, we want staff and faculty departments to join the parade and show off their skills! We will have an emcee to announce each group (think Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade style!), and each group will have up to five (5) minutes to perform in front of the Johnson Fountain to showcase their talent. If your department would like to march in the Corn Parade, please submit this form (link opens in a new tab) no later than Tuesday, October 24 at 5 p.m. to request participation.
- Food Truck & Cornhuskin‘ Activity Booth Fair with student organization booths and dessert food trucks in the Chapel lot before and after the parade to satisfy your sweet tooth and offer fun activities and giveaways. If you would like to have a table at the Cornhuskin‘ Activity Booth Fair, please submit this form (link opens in a new tab) no later than Sunday, October 15.
- Cookout Buffet in the BDH Courtyard at 4 p.m. after the Parade ends. Staff, faculty, and guests are invited! Tickets will be available to purchase the week before Cornhuskin’ for staff, faculty, guests, and students who are not on a meal plan, or individuals can pay at the Cookout with exact cash. More instructions will be provided at a later date on how to purchase tickets, but please plan to bring your picnic blanket or chair and enjoy burgers, hot dogs, and other cookout fixins before the Main Event!
- We value inclusion and access for all participants and are pleased to provide reasonable accommodations for Corn 2023. If you or a member of your group requires an accommodation vehicle to more easily participate in the Parade, please click on this link here (link opens in new tab). In addition to physical accessibility accommodations, we are also offering sensory accommodations, such as a Suggested Visual Schedule for Enjoying Corn, noise reduction headphones, and sensory grab bags. Please see our Cornhuskin’ Accessibility Plan (link opens in new tab) and encourage the members of your Class or group to email Kacey Reynolds Schedler, SLS Assistant Director/MRA Advisor (email@example.com), if they need to make a reasonable accommodation request or have any questions about accessibility.
- Staff/Faculty ticket reservation will happen soon, but if you would like to volunteer for Corn, please sign up through this link here (link opens in new tab).