Mixed Community Choir
The mixed chorus is a mixed voice ensemble designed for adults who love to sing and wish to sing with other non-professional adults. No auditions are required. It is lead by Mark Woodcock and rehearses on Sunday afternoons at Meredith College during the fall and spring semesters. The group performs a free public performance at the end of each semester. Participants are required to register and pay a fee of $150 each to participate. Contact Mark Woodcock at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to receive a link to the online registration form.
Intermediate Strings Orchestra (Triangle Community Orchestra)
This class will serve the student who has had some prior instruction in playing the violin, viola, cello or bass and is able to perform Grade 2/3 level literature. Previous ensemble experiences is helpful but not required. Areas of focus will include study of standard literature at the Grade 2/3 level with emphasis on playing in tune, group bowing techniques for string players, balance, blend, and ensemble playing techniques. Outcome would be a public performance at the end of each semester. Class will meet on Wednesday, 7:00-9:00 pm in Jones Hall 121. Contact Luanne Roth at email@example.com for more information.
Flutastix (Flute Ensemble)
Flutastix is a new flute choir collaboration between Meredith College and Raleigh Area Flute Association (RAFA). Rehearsals are Thursdays from 5:30pm-6:30pm. For details and audition information, please contact Dr. Carla Copeland-Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org. Rehearsals begin August 26.
Vehicle Registration Form
Meredith College Ringers (Handbell Ensemble)
- Conducted by David M. Harris, Director of the Raleigh Ringers.
- Open to participants 13 years old and up with basic music reading skills.
- The ensemble will be open to Meredith College students and community members.
- Music and gloves are included in the registration fee of $120 per semester.
- The participants will help do the set-up and breakdown each week.
- The group will be limited to 15 participants
- Rehearsals will be on Wednesday afternoons (4:30pm-6:00pm) in room 106 of the Wainwright Music Building in the Jones Chapel.
- Rehearsals will begin on Wednesday, January 11, 2023 with an introductory meeting, to polish the bells, and to prepare for rehearsals
- The semester will end with a public concert (date to be determined by the participants). In future semesters, we may entertain participation in handbell festivals and community events. Concert Black performance attire will be required.
- Use the online registration form link found on the bottom of this page to join his ensemble.
For more information, please contact Jean Wozencraft-Ornellas at email@example.com.
Jessica Jenkins Davis
Coordinator, Community School of Music