» Master of Psychology Admissions Checklist
Applications for the Master of Arts in Psychology program will be complete and ready for review upon receipt of the following materials:
- Application and non-refundable $60 application fee
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Two completed recommendation forms from people with knowledge of the candidate’s academic, professional, and/or work performance and potential
- Official report of scores of the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE), taken within the last five years, sent directly from the Educational Testing Service. We accept the highest combination of scores.*
- Statement of work experience (resume or C.V.)
- Statement of purpose
*Meredith College’s Industrial-Organizational Psychology Masters Program is accepting alternatives for GRE exam scores for the Fall 2023 cohort for those with a 3.0 undergraduate GPA and above. If you meet the GPA criteria and do not plan to submit current GRE scores (taken within the last 5 years) as part of your application, please submit one of the following alternatives along with your online application:
- Official scores from another graduate placement exam, including GMAT, MAT, & LSAT (scores from a test not listed here must be approved by IO Psychology department – please contact directly for eligibility);
- GRE scores from an exam taken more than five years ago;
- An additional letter of recommendation (submit 3 letters in total); one recommender must be familiar with and able to comment on quantitative skills, abilities, or aptitude.
Admission decisions are based on a combination of factors, including, but not limited to, academic performance, professional and/or research experience, ability, program fit, and test scores. Applicants may be contacted for an interview to assess for program fit.
Applications will be reviewed monthly beginning in mid-late January, with a priority deadline of March 1. Decisions are typically issued beginning in late March/early April.