We collaborate with faculty to provide students with relevant information about academic success and the career fields they are considering.
Faculty Advisors play an essential role in helping our students reach their academic potential.
Responsibilities of the Faculty Advisor
Assisting students in their consideration and clarification of educational goals.
- Assisting students in developing a plan of study consistent with their goals and objectives.
- Providing accurate information to students.
- Being knowledgeable about programs, resources, policies and procedures.
- Being appropriately available to students.
- Providing timely attention to academic advising matters.
- Assisting students in evaluation and re-evaluation of progress toward established goals and educational plans.
- Making referrals to resources within and outside of the college as appropriate.
- Expecting the advisee to assume her share of the responsibility for the advising relationship and encouraging her to do so.
Academic Advising MyMeredith Page
Please visit the Office of Academic Advising’s MyMeredith page for additional faculty and staff resources.
Faculty Advisor MyMeredith Course
All freshman faculty advisors are enrolled in a group “course” as a means of sharing timely resources, handouts, and information related to individual advising sessions and summer registration events.