Community-based learning is an approach to education in which community agencies partner with Meredith faculty members to tailor hands-on learning experiences that correspond with the educational goals of a course—while providing a service that benefits the community.
Students have recently engaged with the following agencies:
- Urban Ministries Open Door Clinic
- Neighbor to Neighbor Latino Outreach
- North Carolina Society of Hispanic Professionals
- El Centro para Familias Hispanas
- Passage Home
- Together for a Better Education (Wake County 4-H Youth Development)
- Legal Aid of North Carolina
- Student Action with Farmworkers
- El Pueblo
- First Baptist Church of Raleigh Clothing Ministry
- Raleigh Parks, Recreation & Cultural Resources
- YMCAs of the Triangle
If you would like to form a community-based learning partnership with Meredith College, contact Callie DeBellis, coordinator of community-based learning. We look forward to working with you!
209A Joyner Hall