How do I purchase or rent textbooks for my Meredith classes?Course material ordering is done entirely online through the Meredith College Online Bookstore. You can access the online bookstore at meredith.edu/textbooks Through the Meredith College Online Bookstore you will be able to select your course materials from a variety of formats including new, used, eBook, and rental.
Why does Meredith have an online bookstore?Meredith College responded to concerns about the rising cost of textbooks. The online bookstore was selected in order to lower student textbook costs and to give professors more flexibility in choosing up-to-date readings and instructional materials. The online bookstore is optimized for mobile devices, making it easy to use on any Smartphone or tablet.
How will I know what books I need for my classes?The Meredith College Online Bookstore offers students an efficient, personalized shopping experience. When students login, they will be able to view materials for all of the courses in which they are registered, on one easy-to-navigate page. Students will also be able to view the ISBN and book title when they view courses in WebAdvisor.
How do I order my books?
- Visit meredith.edu/textbooks and log in using your Meredith NET-ID and password. You’ll see a page with all of your registered courses and assigned course materials.
- Select from the new, used, eBook, rental, and Marketplace options displayed.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to check out. Choose to have the books delivered to your home or to campus.
Can I use my financial aid funds to purchase my textbooks?Yes, prior to the beginning of the term, the Office of Financial Assistance will contact you with the amount of excess financial aid you will receive and at that time you will have the opportunity to transfer those funds to a book voucher which can be spent on the Meredith College Bookstore website.
What is a Book Voucher?A book voucher is a receipt created by the accounting office when you have deposited funds to your student account to be used specifically for books or requested financial aid be used for books. Once the book voucher is created, you will receive an email to your Meredith student email address with a voucher code to be used on the bookstore website. Each book voucher will have an expiration date. If the funds are not used by the expiration date, any amount left over will be credited back to your student account.
Can parents add money to my textbook account?Yes, parents can either add money to your student account and specify that they want the money to go towards a book voucher, or they can go to the bookstore website and purchase a gift card. Unlike Book Vouchers, excess funds on a gift card will not be credited back to your student account.
Why should I buy my textbooks through Meredith instead of through another online service such as Amazon?The Meredith College Online Bookstore offers students an efficient, competitively priced, personalized shopping experience. When students log in, they will be able to view materials for all of the courses in which they are registered, ensuring that students are purchasing the correct course materials. Buyers save an average of 30% on used textbooks, and an average of 60% on used books when buying through the Marketplace. (During the spring 2018 semester, Meredith students saved an average of $40 per book off of the list price.) Students can also apply financial aid to their Meredith College Online Bookstore purchases.
Can I sell my books through the online bookstore?Yes, students can resell their books through the Marketplace. Sell your books back on our website at any time of the year – you name the price. If you just want to sell books back for cash, look in your Meredith College email for information about a book buy back event at the end of each semester.
How do I return a book I rented from the Meredith College Online Bookstore?By the last day of your rental period, you must either buyout your rental or mail your rental book back. To mail the book back:
- Log in and go to your Purchases page, then click on the Rental Control Panel link for your rental book you want to return. Here you will find option to print your shipping label.
- Print your FREE shipping label.
- Put all of your rental books in one box, tape the box shut and then tape the shipping label onto the outside of the box. If you rented more than one book, you can still put all of the books in one box.
- Drop off the box at a shipping location by the last day of your rental period and THAT’S IT!
What is the Marketplace?The Marketplace is a platform that allows students and others to buy and sell books directly. Marketplace listings will show up right alongside new and used books. The Marketplace is fully secured through the TextbookX.com platform, which handles the seller payment and provides a shipping label to help keep track of items while in transit. Please note, when purchasing through the Marketplace, shipping costs are determined by the vendor. Learn more about the Marketplace
How do I make a payment to the Meredith College Online Bookstore?Check out with any major credit card, voucher code, or TextbookX gift certificate. If you don’t have a credit card, you can use Visa gift cards, or other similar prepaid cards, to order.
What shipping methods are available?The Meredith College Online Bookstore offers various shipping methods and time frames. Retail orders over $49 qualify for free economy shipping. (This does not include third-party Marketplace items. Please note, when purchasing through the Marketplace, shipping costs are determined by the vendor.) Visit: https://meredith.textbookx.com/service/shipping.php for more details about shipping methods and time frames.
Can I have my books delivered to campus?Yes, during the check out process you can select “Meredith College Campus Store” under your saved addresses and campus addresses and pick up your order at the Meredith College Campus Store, 1st Floor, Cate Center.
What will appear on shipping labels, receipts, and credit card statements for my books?All transactions will say TextbookX.
Where can I buy Meredith College merchandise?The Meredith College Online Bookstore is for course materials only. Meredith merchandise can still be purchased on campus in the Meredith College Campus Store, located in the Cate Student Center.
Need more help?For questions regarding order status, or ordering processes visit meredith.textbookx.com/help, or call 1-800-887-6459. For Meredith College specific questions contact Sarah Kibler, email@example.com, 919-760-8724.
Meredith College …
- consistently ranked both a top regional and national college by U.S. News and World Report
- ranked in the top 25% of liberal arts colleges in the country by high school counselors, according to U.S. News and World Report
- ranks among the top 20% of colleges in the country by Forbes
- is one of the “Best Colleges in the Southeast” according to The Princeton Review
- is one of the Top Ten Colleges in North Carolina according to USA Today College
- was among the “Top 50 Alma Maters of National Board Certified Teachers.” Meredith was one of only two private institutions in the U.S. to make the list, which is compiled by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- fashion merchandising program has been ranked 18th nationally by Fashionschools.org
- named the #4 Best College for Veterans in the South by U.S. News
- Earned high rankings for financial responsibility from U.S. Department of Education.