The pre-select Dietetic Internship admission option is offered to those who are enrolled in Meredith College Nutrition programs. These students have the opportunity to apply for early admission into either the SPP or Traditional pathway of the Meredith College Dietetic Internship prior to the spring computer matching process. Students applying to the pre-select admission option will commit to attending the Meredith College Dietetic Internship and bypass the computer matching application and selection process. Up to 50% of our intern slots in our Traditional Pathway will be filled through the pre-select option.
Qualification requirements include:
Completion of DPD Program from Meredith College (with valid DPD Verification Statement dated 2015 or after)
Currently enrolled in the DPD program with plans to complete by May 2023
In addition, applicants must
1. Have a DPD GPA and overall GPA of 3.0 or greater out of 4.0, with a grade of C or higher in all DPD science and DPD professional courses
2. Submit a completed application packet via DICAS. The portal opens October 4th, 2022.
3. Write a personal statement (letter format, 1000 word maximum)
Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why are you interested in Meredith College?
- Why are you interested in this internship pathway?
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
4. Upload DICAS Application
5. Mail official transcript(s)
Official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended should be sent directly to DICAS and included in your completed packet by January 13, 2023. If possible, a copy of final fall 2022 grades should be included in your original transcripts. Be sure to order your transcripts after fall grades have been posted.
DICAS – Transcript Dept.
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02472
6. Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree or Verification Statement
A valid Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree or Verification Statement from an ACEND accredited DPD must be submitted before the applicant can begin the internship.
7. Send recommendations through DICAS
Three recommendation letters are required, including one from the DPD Director issuing the Verification Statement; one from a professor in foods and nutrition or related area; and one from an employer or supervisor or a professor in foods and nutrition. If desired, the DPD Letter of Recommendation may be emailed directly from the DPD Director to the DI Director, or it may be mailed to Meredith College. The DPD letter of recommendation should include:
- The prospective student’s ability to successfully complete the DI Program
- The prospective student’s leadership abilities and potential
8. Application fee
A non-refundable application fee of $60 (after submitting your application in DICAS, Meredith College will prompt you via email to pay your application fee online).
9. Supplemental Form
Complete this google form to identify rotation date preferences.
10. TOEFL scores, for international students only (can be waived if student earned degree in U.S.)
11. Additional information
- Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
- GRE scores may be submitted but are not required.
- Applicants will be notified by January 27, 2023.
- Students must accept or deny their placement in the Meredith College DI in writing via email by January 30, 2023.
- Students who are selected through the pre-select process are accepted into the Meredith College Dietetic Internship for the year immediately following completion of their DPD requirements (if the DPD verification is < 5 years old.)
- Failure to maintain academic and graduation requirements will compromise Internship placement.
- Students will be subject to urine drug testing and background checks. Failure to pass these tests will result in immediate dismissal from the program.
- If an applicant is not pre-selected, they may apply to Meredith again through the usual matching process.
*Please note that if you are accepted into the internship during the pre-select process, you are NOT eligible to participate in the computer matching process for the April 2023 match. The DI program director will provide the names of all pre-selected students to D&D Digital Systems, Inc. to ensure that accepted students do not participate in the computer match.
Martin Hall, Suite 122
The Internship Program in Nutrition and Dietetics is currently granted accredited status by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190, Chicago, IL 60606 | (800) 877-1600, ext. 5400