Before you apply for the Site Preceptor Pathway at Meredith College, you should:
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or above and have a Verification Statement or an Intent to Complete Form from a DPD ACEND-Accredited School
- Have a grade of C or higher in all DPD science and DPD professional courses
- Realize that there are three groups of four students in this Pathway:
Group A completes their foodservice and clinical rotation August-December and their student-identified rotations January-May
Group B completes their student-identified rotations August-December and their foodservice and clinical rotations January-May
Group C completes their student-identified rotations between August-April, and completes their foodservice and clinical rotation May-September
- Be prepared to come to Meredith’s campus to attend a 5 day orientation program in Summer 2024
- Be prepared to take one online, three credit hour graduate class in both the fall and spring semesters
- Be interested in an internship with a leadership concentration
- Be prepared to attend your local, regional or state Dietetic Association’s meeting (all incurred expenses will be paid by the student.)
To apply for this pathway, follow this Application Checklist.
Application materials for the Dietetic Internship at Meredith should be complete and submitted to the Meredith College Site Preceptor Pathway DICAS (Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services) by the February 15 deadline.
Applications are considered ready for review after all materials listed have been submitted:
The following information is required when applying to the Meredith College DI:
- DICAS Application completed by February 15 using the following link: https://dicas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login
- Personal Statement
- Official transcript(s) verifying an overall GPA and a professional DPD GPA of 3.0 or above out of 4.0. Prospective students must have a grade of C or higher in all DPD science and DPD professional courses.
- Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree or Verification Statement from a DPD ACEND®-Accredited School.
- Three recommendation letters, one from the DPD Director, one from a professor and one from a professor or Supervisor (RDN) preferred.
- A non-refundable application fee of $60, (After submitting your application in DICAS, Meredith College will prompt you via email to pay your application fee online.)
- Supplemental Form – Complete this google form to identify rotation date preferences.
- TOEFL scores, for international Interns only (can be waived if student earned degree in U.S.)
- Online matching registration for computer matching completed by February 15 at D&D Digital Computer Matching: https://www.dnddigital.com/
Please note: the application fee is in addition to the DICAS and D&D Digital fees.
About the Requirements
Personal Statement (Letter format, 1000 word maximum)
Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why are you interested in Meredith College?
- Why are you interested in this internship pathway?
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
Official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities attended should be sent postmarked by the February 15 deadline to:
DICAS – Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02471
Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree or Verification Statement
A valid Declaration of Intent to Complete Degree or Verification Statement from an ACEND accredited DPD must be submitted before the applicant can begin the internship.
Recommendations should be entered through DICAS
Three are required, including one from the program director of your didactic program in dietetics; one from a professor in foods and nutrition or related area; and one from an employer or supervisor or a professor in foods and nutrition. If desired, the DPD Letter of Recommendation may be emailed directly from the DPD Director to the DI Director, or it may be sent US mail to Meredith College. The DPD letter of Recommendation should include:
The prospective student’s ability to successfully complete the DI Program
The prospective student’s leadership abilities and potential
A non-refundable application fee of $60. After submitting your application in DICAS, Meredith College will prompt you via email to pay your application fee online.
TOEFL scores, for international students only
Participation in National D&D Digital Systems Computer Matching
- Prospective students must participate in the National D&D Digital Systems Computer Matching. Meredith College participates in the Spring Match.
- Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
- GRE scores may be submitted but are not required.
- Applicants must participate in the DICAS computer matching process.
- Grade of C or higher in all DPD science and DPD professional courses
- Students must be proficient in typing, and in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Applications are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Overall and DPD GPA, grades for coursework in the professional area, sciences, behavioral and social sciences, and communication courses
- Quality of recommendation letters
- Quality of personal statement
- Quality and quantity of work and volunteer experience in the field
- Other extracurricular and volunteer activities, leadership, and honors/awards
Martin Hall, Suite 122
The Internship Program in Nutrition and Dietetics is currently granted accredited status by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190, Chicago, IL 60606 | (800) 877-1600, ext. 5400