at Meredith College
At Meredith, we welcome all transfer students and recognize the valuable contributions each brings to our community. Whether you are transferring from a community college, a four-year college, or completing an interrupted college education, we’ll help you finish your degree and achieve your goals.
Our Transfer Admissions Process
You can transfer to Meredith at any point in your education. If you’re ready to complete your degree, we’ll help you achieve your educational and professional goals.
Why Transfer to Meredith?
- Over 95% of students receive scholarships or financial assistance, including transfer-specific scholarships.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship: Recognizes transfer students who have been inducted into the Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Honor Society. Scholarship is in the amount of $5,000.
- Transfer Academic Scholarships recognize transfer students whose previous college records reflect achievement and leadership potential. Scholarships range from $8,5000 – $13,000.
- Meredith has articulation agreements with the North Carolina Community College System to make it easier for transfer students to transfer their hard-earned credits and complete their four-year degree.
- Smaller class sizes ensures professors get to know their students and help connect them with internships, jobs and on-campus opportunities.
- Meredith offers personalized advising to help students find or complete an area of study that aligns with their strengths through StrongPoints®.
- Become part of a strong community of students, faculty, and staff by getting involved in fun traditions and more than 100 clubs and organizations.
- Students build their resumes by applying the knowledge they’ve gained in the classroom to real world experiences such as
- Study abroad
- Undergraduate research
- Choose from more than 90 majors, minors, and academic programs to challenge you.
- Examples of transfer student success include
- Leslie Arreaza, ’19, realized her strengths and gained the confidence and drive to take on leadership positions. As a native from Guatemala, she used her passion to help others by co-founding the Meredith Refugee and Immigrant Club.
Still have questions? Check out Meredith’s FAQs page for transfer students.
Meredith offers transfer students a range of benefits including scholarships, articulation agreements, and personal advising to help students complete their degrees as quickly as possible.
The daughter of missionaries, Keliy Grobbelaar, ’20, has experienced a lot. Living all over the world helped her develop a great sense of cultural inclusivity and a passion for people from all backgrounds.
After transferring to Meredith, Rachael Hopkins, ’19, found her place right away and quickly became active in a variety of activities and organizations – and then helped other students make a successful transition to Meredith.
Videos About Transfer Students at Meredith
An internship during her study abroad program in the United Kingdom allowed Meredith College student Alison Bunce, ’22, to put the writing, photography, and social media skills she learned as a communication major to use helping pets find new homes.
Transfer student Aspen Degler, ’22, is earning a double major in criminology and sociology with a minor in forensics. Meredith’s StrongPoints® program and faculty mentors helped her determine her strengths and explore her career interests.
After sharpening her skills in the United States Marine Corps, Tylena Brown chose to attend Meredith College as part of its Wings — Adult Education program with a clear career path in mind.
Whether you are transferring from a community college, a four-year college, or completing an interrupted college education, Meredith can help you finish your degree and achieve your goals.