Meredith College has always been a community of care, valuing each of our members’ educational and personal needs.
As students, faculty, and staff return to campus for the 2022-23 academic year, we continue to take precautions to safeguard the health of our community and are called to act on the collective benefits and cautions for all.
Completed Campus Preparations
- Required COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty, staff, and students
- Evaluated instructional spaces and scheduled classes in appropriately sized rooms
- Increased cleaning and disinfection practices to keep all areas of campus, particularly high-traffic areas, clean
- Modified dining arrangements in Belk Dining Hall to follow enhanced cleaning protocols
- Maintained protective barriers in customer service locations, where possible
- Maintained quarantine locations and procedures
- Face to face health and counseling services, supplemented by telehealth options. Maintained telehealth capability for health and counseling services for students, while planning for face-to-face options for the fall semester.
- Made hand sanitizer readily available throughout campus
- Enhanced the operation of ventilation systems
- Posted signs, floor markers, and guidelines around campus to remind students and employees of proper handwashing techniques, masking requirements and to maintain appropriate distancing between individuals
Revised Statements of Community Responsibility
We have updated a comprehensive set of Community Standards to guide on-campus behavior and set expectations for personal responsibility. In addition, we are
- Continuing to educate students, faculty, and staff on good hygiene to prevent the spread of germs
- Maintaining guidelines for students, faculty, and staff to follow for self-isolation in the event they are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19
- Committing to ongoing health wellness education for students and employees