Meredith College has always been a community of care, valuing the educational and personal needs of each of our members.
As students, faculty, and staff return to campus for the 2020-21 academic year, we continue to take precautions to safeguard the health of our community.
- Evaluating instructional spaces and scheduling classes in appropriate room sizes to facilitate 6ft physical distancing as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control
- Increasing cleaning and disinfection practices to keep all areas of campus, particularly high-traffic areas, clean
- Modifying dining arrangements in Belk Dining Hall to follow enhanced cleaning protocols and enable physical distancing
- Installing protective barriers in customer service locations, where possible
- Maintaining quarantine locations and procedures
- Maintaining telehealth capability for health and counseling services for students.
- Making hand sanitizer more readily available throughout campus
- Enhancing the operation of ventilation systems
- Posting signs, floor markers and/or guidelines around campus to remind students and employees of proper hand washing techniques and to maintain appropriate distancing between individuals
- Adopting a comprehensive set of Community Standards to guide on campus behavior and set expectations for personal responsibility
- Requiring students, employees and campus visitors to wear face coverings and implementing protocols for the proper care and use of face coverings
- Educating students, faculty, and staff on good hygiene to prevent the spread of germs
- Adopting guidelines for students, faculty, and staff to follow for self-isolation in the event they are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19
- Developing protocols for daily temperature and symptom monitoring of employees and students
- Limiting visitors to campus
- Committing to ongoing health wellness education for students and employees