Meredith College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and masters degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Meredith College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling (404) 679-4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
Program Accreditations and Approvals
The college maintains the following program accreditations:
- Undergraduate and graduate programs in business (business administration and accounting) are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB) (2020).
- The BS in Food and Nutrition, the post baccalaureate Dietetic Internship Program, and the Master of Science in Nutrition (dietetics concentration) are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) (2019, 2019, 2019).
- The BSW degree is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) (2019).
- The Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) accredits the BA in Interior Design (2014).
- The National Association of Schools of Music (NASM) accredits the BA in Music and the Bachelor of Music Education programs (2014).
- Meredith College is accredited under the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System (2016).
- The Meredith Autism Program is accredited as a Behavioral Health Center of Excellence (BHCOE) (2020).
The college has approval of programs from the following agencies:
- The North Carolina State Board of Education and the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (initial and advanced teacher licensure programs) (2016).
- American Bar Association (post-baccalaureate, non-credit Paralegal Program) (2020).