Approximately 20 percent of our graduates go directly to graduate and/or professional school of some type. Recent graduate programs to which our students have been accepted include:
- Marriage and Family Counseling, East Carolina University
- Community Counseling,Campbell University
- Social Work, East Carolina University, University of North Carolina and NC State University
- Sports Psychology, Springfield College
- Rehabilitation Counseling, University of North Carolina
- Art Therapy, Mount Mary College and George Washington University
- Dance Therapy, Pratt Institute
- Speech-Language Pathology, Appalachian State University
In addition, a significant number of our graduates receive teacher licensure while at Meredith and are now teaching in the North Carolina Public School System, and beyond.
Our psychology students acquire both research skills and practical skills in applied settings.