Can the Pre-Health Post-Baccalaureate program prepare me for admission to health professional schools other than medical schools?
Yes. Coursework supports applicants to the following programs:
- Medical school
- Dental school
- Veterinary school
- Physician assistant programs
- Physical therapy
- PhD graduate programs
My undergraduate degree is in a completely different field. Am I still eligible to apply?
Yes. You would choose the preparatory pathway.
Do you have men in your Post-Baccalaureate program?
Yes. Graduate programs at Meredith are for both women and men.
Do I need to take the MCAT to apply?
No. We will also accept SAT, ACT, or GRE scores.
Do I need to have clinical experience to apply?
No, but clinical experience is an important part of our program and required for both pathways.
How long will it take for me to complete the program?
You must complete the program within one calendar year.
When are classes held?
Classes are held during the day. We do have two post-baccalaureate only classes held in the evening.
When can I start?
The majority of Pre-Health Post-Baccalaureate students begin in the summer semester. If students have already completed a large number of pre-requisites for health professional school, it is possible to begin the program in the fall semester.
Does the pre-health post-bac program have any articulation agreements with other schools?
Yes. We have an articulation agreement with the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) and with the Methodist University PA program.
What health care programs have Meredith graduates been accepted into?
Meredith graduates have been accepted into numerous health care programs including the following:
Medical Schools (MD/DO)
- Duke University School of Medicine
- UNC Chapel Hill School of Medicine
- Boston University School of Medicine
- Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine
- East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Virginia Campus)
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Carolinas Campus)
- University of Washington School of Medicine
- Rush Medical College
- Marquette University School of Dentistry
- UNC Chapel Hill School of Dentistry
- NC State University College of Veterinary Medicine
Physical Therapy Programs
- George Washington University
- University of New England
Physician Assistant Programs
- Duke University
- Wake Forest University
- Campbell University
- Methodist University
- Elon University
- University of South Carolina
Do you have financial aid?
Yes. Our Financial Assistance office can help you apply for loans for your post-bac education. The program qualifies for federal loans (5th year undergraduate).