Sharing good news, the Office of International Programs has seen a 50% increase (and growing) in faculty-led study abroad applications for summer 2014! There have been nearly 30 additional students accepted on summer 2014 faculty-led programs, compared to summer 2013.
Nine faculty-led programs will be running this summer, which is the largest number hosted by Meredith since 2009. Meredith has not seen summer faculty-led study abroad enrollment at this level in more than four years. The OIP would like to thank the dedicated faculty who will be leading students abroad this summer, as well as our many colleagues across campus who offered support and encouragement to students during the application process, including those who wrote recommendations, provided academic advising, and offered valuable financial guidance.
Meredith summer 2014 faculty-led programs include:
• Business in China (undergraduate & MBA): Rebecca Oatsvall, Ying Liao, & Jeff Langenderfer
• Iceland: Eloise Grathwohl & Shannon Grimes
• Italy-Switzerland: Cathy Rodgers & Mark O'Dekirk
• Italy: Childhood Italian Style (in partnership with UNC-Charlotte): Kathryn Clark
• Italy: Graduate Education: Jennifer Olson & Monica McKinney
• Italy: Opera Experience (in partnership with NC Young Artists Project & Univ. of Toledo): Ellen Williams
• Paris Fashion: Diane Ellis & Eunyoung Yang
• Spain: Jonathan Wade
• United Kingdom: Cathy Rodgers, Ellen Goode, & Kelly Roberts