Along with the new NC Live resources added to the library’s collection, the library has also purchased a new database and reference ebooks too. To access these sources you can go to the library’s homepage and click on the appropriate tab.
For the new database you can click on the “Articles & Databases” tab and then the corresponding first letter for the name of the database. The name of the new database is Statista so you would click on “S” to access it. For the reference ebook titles you can go to the “Books & Media” tab and enter in the title. Below are more details on these resource and direct links to them.
- Statista is a database that provides statistical data on many topics including media, business, politics, society, technology and education. Sources include market reports, trade publications, scientific journals, and government databases.
- New reference ebook titles:
- Celebrating Life Customs around the World: From Baby Showers to Funeral Programs.
- This book documents various customs and traditions practiced in countries outside of the United States, showcasing the diversity of birth, coming-of-age, and death celebrations worldwide.
- The SAGE Encyclopedia of Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
- This source provides an overview of the cross-disciplinary field of industrial and organizational psychology for students, researchers, and professionals in the areas of psychology, business, management, and human resources.
- Women in American History: A Social, Political, and Cultural Encyclopedia and Document Collection
- This title offers comprehensive coverage of women of a diverse range of cultures, classes, ethnicities, religions, and sexual identifications, this set identifies the many ways in which women have helped to shape and strengthen the United States.
If you have any purchase suggestions for the library, please fill out this form.