Human Resources About Meredith
Meredith College is going strong in many ways: Our 22,000 graduates who are going strong across the country and around the world. Our smart students who are engaged in research, community-based learning, studying abroad and preparing to make a difference in their communities. Our talented faculty and staff who make Meredith College stronger every day with their unwavering commitment to Meredith's mission. All going strong.
- According to U.S. News, Meredith has been consistently ranked both a top regional and national college
- Meredith is ranked #63 for social mobility among National Liberal Arts colleges by U.S. News, which speaks to our support for students who receive Pell Grants
- Ranks among the top 20% of colleges in the country by Forbes.com
- Is one of the “Best Colleges in the Southeast” according to The Princeton Review
- Ranked the #2 Best Liberal Arts College in North Carolina by Niche.com
- Has been named a "College of Distinction"
- Named one of North Carolina's best colleges by BestColleges.com
- Is among the “Top 50 Alma Maters of National Board Certified Teachers.” Meredith was the only private institution in North Carolina to make the list, which is compiled by the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards.
- Named a 2019-20 Military Friendly School. This list honors the colleges, universities and trade schools in the country that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members, veterans, and spouses as students and ensure their success on campus.
- Named the #4 Best College for Veterans in the South by U.S. News
- Is among the Top 10 or 15% "Most Focused" for Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Family, Consumer, and Human Science; Visual and Performing Arts; Mathematics and Statistics; Chemistry according to College Factual
- Has the Top 15% "Highest Paid Graduates" in Business, Management, and Marketing according to College Factual
- Is among the top 20% of colleges in the country in providing financial aid to international students, according to LendEDU
- Rated number five on the College Choice 2015 Best U.S. Women's Colleges ranking. Meredith scored a 91 in academic reputation, which was the second highest on the list.
- Fashion Merchandising program has been ranked 18th nationally by Fashionschools.org
StrongPoints is a defining element of the Meredith College educational experience. Through this unique personal coaching and advising model, students identify their strengths using a research-based assessment tool. Then, throughout their four years at Meredith, they examine how those strengths can help shape their academic goals, experiential involvement, financial planning, and career choice. The result is a stronger college experience - and preparation for a more successful and fulfilled life.
- 97.7% of students participate in an applied learning experience such as internships, study abroad, or undergraduate research.
- More than 100 student clubs and organizations
- 32% of students study abroad (compare that to a 10% national average)
- 51% of students participate in undergraduate research (compared to a 24% national average)
- 10 NCAA Division III teams (basketball, cross country, golf, field hockey, lacrosse, soccer, softball, tennis, track & field, volleyball).
- 11:1 student/faculty ratio
- 89% of full-time professors hold doctoral or terminal degree in their field
- Average class size of 16 students
- One of only two women’s colleges in the world that are accredited by AACSB International. Just one third of U.S. business programs and 5% of business programs worldwide are AACSB-accredited.
- Program accreditation in education, social work, nutrition, music and interior design. Meredith is the only College in the Triangle area whose interior design program is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA).
- Accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate and masters degrees
- Impact Scholarships provide $20K guaranteed annual funding to academically qualified students
- Over 95% of freshmen receive financial assistance
- Meredith awarded $27.8 million in scholarships and grants to students last year.
- Meredith coordinates $56.2 million in financial assistance annually
- In 2019, Meredith students achieved both record four-year graduation rates and the highest retention rate since 1999.
- Meredith’s first-to-second year retention rate has increased 10 percentage points over the past seven years, and its four-year graduation rate has increased 15 percentage points over an equivalent number of years.
- Meredith’s four-year graduation rate is higher than the rates of nearly every N.C. public university.
- 95% of graduates would choose Meredith again, and 98% would recommend Meredith to others.
- 97% of Meredith graduates were satisfied with their academic experience, and 97% of alumnae say they were professionally well-prepared as a result of their Meredith experience.