The Sports Science Association is a professional development organization for Meredith College students interested in the exercise and sports science field. The purposes of the association are:
- To create experiential opportunities in the exercise and sport science field
- To offer research opportunities
- To facilitate professional development through conferences, volunteering on campus and in the community
- To coordinate career and experiential resources for the exercise and sport science field
- To assist with professional certifications
- To provide exercise and sport science resources and events for the community
Kappa Omicron Nu Honor Society
Kappa Omicron Nu is a national honor society for students in human sciences. Meredith students in the following majors are eligible for membership in the society:
- Child Development
- Fashion Merchandising and Design
- Family and Consumer sciences
- Interior Design
- Health, Exercise and Sports Science
- Food and Nutrition
Students are chosen from the sophomore, junior, and senior classes for this honor. To be admitted as a member, a student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (overall and at Meredith), be in the upper 25 percent of her class, have declared a major, have completed 45 semester hours, and have shown evidence of superior personal qualities and leadership potential. Students join Kappa Omicron Nu by invitation only.
Scholarships Monetary student awards are given each year to recognize achievement and aptitude in academics, leadership, service, and undergraduate research.
Additional Student Resources
Majoring in ESS at Meredith College will prepare you for a career in your field whether you plan to go to work right after graduation or pursue graduate or professional school.