Health, Exercise & Sports Science students are encouraged to conduct research while pursuing their degree. Students may identify a special topic and work under the supervision of a professor or join a research team formed by a professor. Recent undergraduate student research topics include:
- Flanigan, B. R. & Sanderson, H.L. (2021) A comparison of acute effects of aerobic and anaerobic exercise on executive functioning using the Stroop Test. KON conference presentation.
- An Investigation of Relationships between Freshman Academic Credit Hours and Health Status of Undergraduate Females
- The Effects of Sports Drinks on Aerobic Performance
- An Analysis of the Effects of Physical and Reactive Training on Agility Performance
- Influences of Fitness Assessment Programs on Female Undergraduate Exercise and Sport Science Majors
Majoring in ESS at Meredith College will prepare you for a career in your field whether you plan to go to work right after graduation or pursue graduate or professional school.