An exercise and sports science degree prepares students for a wide array of potential careers as well as graduate study. Professional positions held and graduate programs attended by recent graduates of Meredith’s ESS program include:
- Teacher and head basketball coach, Heritage High School, Wake County
- Elementary physical education teacher, Wake Forest University
- Middle school health and physical education teacher, Leesville Road Middle School, Wake County
- Health and physical education teacher, Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School, Wake County
- Health and physical education teacher, Northern Vance High School, Granville County
- Health and physical education teacher, East Lee Middle School, Lee County
- Cannon Online Learning Designer, Athens, Ga.
- Program Manager, Merck’s Health Matters Fitness Center, West Point, Pa.
- Personal trainer, Raleigh, N.C.
- Supervisor, Raleigh Parks and Recreation, Raleigh, N.C.
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy – Elon University
- Doctorate of Physical Therapy – Winston Salem State University
- Master’s Degree in Health Education, East Carolina University
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy, Old Dominion University
- Master’s Degree in Exercise Science, UNC-Charlotte
- Master’s Degree in Physical Education, University of Georgia
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology, University of Georgia
Majoring in ESS at Meredith College will prepare you for a career in your field whether you plan to go to work right after graduation or pursue graduate or professional school.