As a professional educator Chris has worked for the Wake County Public School System, the state Department of Public Instruction, and the state Community College System.
On the entertainment side, Chris has run sound, stage lighting, and/or provided other technical support for Ben Folds, Pat Boone, Clint Black, Crystal Gayle, David Holt, The Glenn Miller Orchestra, The 5th Dimension, The African American Dance Ensemble, Alvin Ailey Repertory Ensemble, Steve & Tom Chapin, Wayne Watson, B.J. Thomas, Rita Coolidge and many more.
Chris is excited to call Meredith College home and enjoys supporting all of the events on campus, so they can be the best they can be.
– Bachelor of Science in Industrial Arts Education – North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, 1989
– Master of Arts in Technology Education – Indiana State University, 1991
– Global Career Development Facilitator – Career Development Training Institute, 2003
– Student Teacher of the Year – North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, 1989
– Epsilon Pi Tau International Honorary Professional Fraternity for Education in Technology, 1991
– Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society in Education, 1991
– North Carolina High School Technology Educator of the Year, 2002
– Business Support of the Arts Award, Arts Education Category – United Arts Council, 2013
– Hazard Hero – North Carolina State Government, 2015
– Information Gathering by Telemetry. Ties Magazine, November 1989.
– Using Computers in the Classroom. Beta Group, Terre Haute, Indiana, 1989.
– Building Partnerships: Business Alliances Improve Career Awareness. Techniques Journal, November 2007.
– careeroutlook.us website
– econoline.org website