Photos from our Commit To Be Fit kickoff walk and the first folks to post their Commit Cards to the board!
Thank you to all who participated!
I think Dr. Allen was happy to be "out."
The commitment: Participate in physical activity 30 minutes a-day, 5-days a week for the next 8-weeks. Choose
one or more of the following:
Commit to participate in aerobic activity 3-5 days a week
Commit to participate in 2-3 days of strength training a week
Commit to participate in 2-3 days of flexibility training a week
• This is not about weight loss.
• This does not require a gym membership, special clothing, experience or specific knowledge about exercise.
• This is about moving your body to feel better and promoting healthy practices. Practices that we hope will become lifelong habits.
Remember, physical activity is getting up and doing something – anything; anything that requires your muscles to work and puts you into motion.
Need some ideas?
• Go for a walk (it’s a great study/work break) – lots of new Greenway open!
• Play some tennis, volleyball, golf or go bowling
• Take a group exercise class (Zumba, definsively fit, powerflex, aquatic fitness, anything!)
• Go dancing
• Play some Wii
• Take a yoga class
• Follow an exercise DVD or go to Fit TV
Commit to be Fit Newsletter
- Week Two - Stress
- Week Three - Make it a Habit
- Week Four - Hydrate
- Week Five - Stretching
- Week Six - Weight Training
It’s Easy to Participate!
• Pick up your Commit to Be Fit materials at the Fitness Center or Martin 120 any time after 1/30/13
• Choose the areas of physical activity you will commit to, decide on a an accountability partner, fill out your commitment card and post it on the Commit to Be Fit board (Cate Center) by February 8th.
• Track your daily physical activity on the Commit to Be Fit tracker through April 5st and submit to WSP Annex 103 by April 15th.
• All submitted trackers will be eligible for random prize drawings and those who complete 6 of the 8 weeks will be entered to win one of the Grand Prizes.
• Read the weekly emails for exercise recommendations and tips to be more active.
• Encourage each other to be more active and complete the challenge!
If you choose to track your activity, tracking sheets are available as well. These sheets are to be submitted by April 15, 2012. If you are unable to meet full commitment – turn them in anyways. All entries will be eligible to win. Those who meet the commitment for 6 or more weeks will be eligible to win one of the Grand Prizes.
WINNERS FROM THE 2/15 COMMIT BOARD DRAWING!
WINNER FROM THE 2/28 COMMIT BOARD DRAWING - Starbuck's coffee card!
WINNER FROM THE 3/22 COMMIT BOARD DRAWING - $10 movie card
(Contact Susan Rohner: email@example.com to claim your prize)
Phone: (919) 760-8846 - Fax: (919) 760-2341 - firstname.lastname@example.org
3800 Hillsborough Street Raleigh, NC 27607-5298