Meredith College is committed to partnering with students and their families to make higher education affordable. We’ll work with each Fellow one-on-one to help your family develop a financial plan tailored to your unique circumstances.
Here are some general facts about Meredith’s financial assistance to our Teaching Fellows:
- 90% of the 2008 entering Freshmen Teaching Fellows class qualified for financial assistance.
- Meredith College provided over $400,000 in grants and scholarships to the entering class of 2008.
- Meredith College coordinated more than $1.4 million in grant assistance for all Teaching Fellows (83 students).
- All applications from families with incomes below $70,000 received an average Financial Assistance package of $22,236.
- Meredith College participates in the federal TEACH GRANT program which provides an additional $4,000 loan/scholarship per year for students majoring in math, sciences, foreign languages, or those obtaining ESL licensure.
- The average Meredith Match for the class of 2008 ranged from $13,100 to $32,000, based on the student’s academic profile and demonstrated family need.
- The average total grant for first time freshman teaching fellows was $20,426. This includes Meredith college grants/scholarships, federal, state and outside scholarships.