Meredith College has numerous resources for you to use in order to get the word out about your organization. By using these resources and your creativity, your events are sure to be successful.
A Poster Printer is available in the Office of Student Leadership and Service for student organization or personal use. Please note the following:
- Posters are created from an 8 ½” x 11” flier that has been approved by Student Leadership and Service. The Poster size is 2’ x 3’.
- Cost for a regular poster is $4.00. Cost for a lamination poster is $6.00. For an additional fee the library will laminate the poster.
- Please fill out a “Receipt for Use of Services or Supplies” form which allows us to bill your organization’s account or serve as a receipt for your cash transaction.
All fliers must:
- Include information stating “who, what, when, where, and why” about your event/meeting.
- Identify the sponsoring Meredith organization(s).
- Be approved by Student Leadership and Service before they are copied. Without the stamp of approval before copying you risk denial of approval and may have to reprint your information.
- Be Neat! We discourage handwritten fliers or posters (exceptions are considered on an individual basis). Computer generated designs provide more professional looking publicity. Print Shop and Publisher software is available on the office computers.
- Be inclusive to the Meredith community.
- Not be posted where they will block an escape route out of a building such as exterior doors, stairwells and their doors, railings, or landings (publicity in these areas will be removed).
- Be posted only on bulletin boards, cork strips, or other approved posting areas. No flyers/posters may be posted on walls of any buildings. Flyers/posters are subject to removal if placed inappropriately.
- Be removed when event is over.
Fliers and Posters in the Residence Halls and The Oaks Apartments
- Publicity permitted in the Residence Halls and Oaks Apartments is usually for Meredith sponsored events only. The RD will take down the flier if not approved.
- Fliers or posters may only be placed in the residence halls by the RD's. on the designated bulletin board areas on each hall. In order for the fliers or posters to be placed on the designated bulletin boards, you must do the following:
If the flier/poster involves a Meredith student organization, it must receive an approval stamp from the Office of Student Leadership and Service. Without this stamp before copying, you risk denial of approval and may have to reprint your information.
- After you have received approval from the Office of Student Leadership and Service, you may make 28 copies and drop them off to the RD mailboxes in the Office of Residence Life (1st floor Park Center) for distribution.
- If you have any questions about posting information in the residence halls that does not relate to a Meredith student organization, please contact Heidi LeCount, Director of Residence Life, at 760-8633.
Fliers and Posters in the Classroom Buildings
- All fliers/posters for classroom buildings must be approved by Student Leadership and Service. Unapproved publicity will be removed without notification.
- Check with departmental assistants before hanging fliers to confirm designated areas to post your publicity.
- Check with individual professors for permission to post fliers or posters on their doors or bulletin boards.
Fliers and Posters in Cate Center/Park Center
Meredith student organization fliers and posters that have been approved are allowed in the designated areas of Cate Center. Unapproved publicity will be removed without notification. Designated areas for approved publicity include:
- Meredith Information Bulletin Board outside Student Leadership and Service (may post unlimited fliers, but posters are limited and one must receive permission to post from SLS Office Manager)
- Information Desk bulletin board – Meredith approved fliers only
- Three poster easels at Cate Center entrance for approved printer posters only
Fliers or posters taped to any glass surfaces, wall surfaces, railings, and on restroom doors in Cate/Park Center will be removed.
Approved fliers from off-campus can be posted on the community bulletin board located on 2nd Cate.
MCTV (Meredith Cable TV)
The MCTV Office is located on the lower level of the Carlyle Campbell Library, Room 13. MCTV channel 5 runs free video posters of your notices around the clock. MCTV provides your organization with a fast, free and easy way to do advertising. To broadcast your message campus-wide, contact the Media Services Assistant, Jackie Manning, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 760-8048.
Also, if you are interested in learning how to produce a video, you can contact the Cable Administrator, Melanie K. Fitzgerald, at email@example.com or 760-2346.
Take advantage of this FREE publicity opportunity by calling the MCTV office at 760-8048!
Meredith Herald (Meredith’s weekly newspaper)
The Herald is distributed every other Wednesday (with some exceptions) to the Meredith community. The deadline to submit an article or information is every Monday by 1:00pm. You can drop off articles in the Herald’s box located outside the Publications Office on the second floor of Cate Center or email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a free service to Meredith students, staff and faculty. For further information, please email email@example.com.
Enews is the main source of news and information for members of the Meredith community. Students, faculty, staff, parents, alumnae, and local community can visit Enews to learn more about student activities, campus events, headline news, and other areas of interest.
How to Post to Enews:
- Click “Submit Enews” from the Enews web site (www.meredith.edu/enews)
- Complete the Enews form, including contact information
- Click “Submit”
Enews is updated approximately every three hours on weekdays between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
If you have questions regarding Enews, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two free-standing sandwich boards are available to use for campus publicity. All publicity must be approved in order to be displayed. Either sandwich board may be reserved by contacting the Office Manager in the Office of Student Leadership and Service. Once reserved, contact Facilities Services to make arrangements to have the board moved.
Small Sandwich Board
- Size: 3’ x 3’ (stored under steps in Cate Center, student can move to location).
- Must use laminated poster only (secure with staple gun available in Student Leadership and Service).
- May be used: front of Cate Center, front of library, courtyard, and other locations with special permission.
- Remove posters when event is complete and return board to storage.
Large Sandwich Board
- Size: 4’ wide and 6’ tall (use supplies purchased from Student Leadership and Service costing about $10.00). A limited supply of fabric paint is available. You may need to purchase your own paint as needed.
- Make reservations with the Office Manager in Student Leadership and Service but make arrangements with Facilities to set it up and take it down.
- After receiving design approval from Student Leadership and Service, please see the Office Manager for help in preparing the board.
All materials are located in the Resource Area in Student Leadership and Service.
- Student Organizations - No charge
- Personal or Departmental use - $.25/foot (limit of 20ft)
- Markers (for use in Cate Center)
- Paints (for use in Cate Center).
- Plastic mat – use under banner paper to protect flooring
All materials must be returned to Student Leadership and Service ASAP.
Use only masking tape or string to hang banners (no duct tape). Please take down all banners, tape and other publicity once an event is over. Your job is not done until all banners are down!
Wipe Off Boards
These boards are located at the Information Desk area and upstairs in Cate Center. Events are updated daily. Help keep our information up to date by contacting us about your organization’s event changes.
Wooden Stake Signs
Student organizations must provide their own stakes, maximum of 10 per event. No more than two groups can have stakes in the ground at one time on the campus. Stakes may not be placed between the front drive Guard House and Hillsborough Street.
The Grounds Department may remove stakes that impede their work. During elections campaigning week, organizations may not use wooden stake signs as a means of publicity.
Sidewalk chalk is permitted on campus with the following limitations: chalk is NOT allowed on the sides of buildings, under any covered areas (e.g. under breezeways), or in front of Johnson Hall. Please only use sidewalk chalk and not sidewalk paint.
Free Expression Boards
The free expression boards are located near the library between Vann and Joyner. The boards are free for anyone to use, but you must provide your own paint and supplies. Please use low VOC paint. Be respectful in your message and minful of the dates of other postings. (Check out the Habitat ReStore for paint)