Health Center Policies
- Written class excuses are not provided by the Carroll Health Center. Nurses will, however, verify that the student was seen at the Health Center at the request of a faculty member. Specific medical details will not be released without written permission of the student. A Health Center visit does not automatically excuse a student from class. Excused absences are at the discretion of each professor.
- Only minor illnesses and emergencies will be treated by the Health Services staff. Major illnesses will be referred off campus or to family physicians.
- The health services staff is responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of minor illnesses and the maintenance of health records. All medical records are confidential information and are not part of the permanent educational record at Meredith.
- The notification of parents regarding serious illness of students is the responsibility of the Health Services staff. Every attempt will be made to receive verbal or written permission from the student prior to notifying parents, guardians, or significant others.
- Transportation to the Health Center can be provided by Campus Police for students who are unable to get there on their own.
- Other avenues of health care available to students are private physicians, urgent care facilities, and the hospital emergency department.
- Students may leave school to see their private physician or enter the hospital for care.